• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So if it's done by a fairly reputable brand like Burberry (the ones shown) it should be alright?
That jacket is pretty bad IMO. I personally don't like all that cracking its very gimmicky. I assume burberry would do a fine job with that jacket but its hard to tell. I don't think the jacket is worth the burberry price tag of $1895 or whatever it is now. To add, the jacket is a shearling which increases the cost like crazy. What are you looking for and whats your budget?

badgalgigi

Reaction score
^Yeah, it didn't look at bad in some pictures, but I have to admit it's too much of that effect.

I was looking for a shearling similar to the Prorsum AW10 ones but perhaps less complicated. I had also checked out the Acne ones that seem to be super popular, but I'd rather not just give into hype. So I'd like good quality but also with a "younger" cut and style. For like $1400ish or less.

Spazz

Reaction score
So here's a question:

On, say, Ssense, I see models listed as having 19" or 20" shoulders, but the jacket in the size they're wearing may measure anything from 16" to 18" across the shoulders.

Are they measuring the jacket and the model differently, or can a guy with 20" shoulders fit into a jacket with 18" shoulders comfortably?

Sam5p

Reaction score
The uniqueness of the MF Campus jacket is the undyed leather. Many/most Campus owners buy the jacket with the intent of sun dying it themselves.

If you like the cut of the Campus jacket, but are not interesting in sun dying it yourself, there are other good options. As DWW stated, the Himel Heron is a great jacket. I also like the Bill Kelso Aeronaut and the White Feather A-1.

The website for White Feather does not seem to have too much info. Do you know what type of leather they use for their A-1?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The uniqueness of the MF Campus jacket is the undyed leather. Many/most Campus owners buy the jacket with the intent of sun dying it themselves.
Cool looking jacket, but what's with that mannequin? Looks like it's got some huge, strange dick of some kind. :embar:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm looking to pick up my first leather jacket and looking for some advice. I'd like to spend somewhere in the $500-1000 range (closer to $500 the better and am not opposed to going used). looking for something in brown and probably some type of moto/single rider style. double riders are a little too stylized for me (except for really minimalist ones like the toj mdr or something) and i'd like to avoid something with ribbing. I like the look of the schott 641 and 103, but am not sure if the sizing would work out for me (5'3" and 120lbs...). thanks!

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as TOJ goes if you found a collared moto I feel like that would be a good fit for you; but I never see those pop up anymore. That first leather you posted looks great though, especially that color

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's a schott 103, which may be a jp exclusive model. i really like the color as well, but am a little worried about the collar being too massive on my frame. also, at 62cm (24.4") long, it may be long on my frame (looks to fit the model just about perfect, but he's about 5" taller than me...is that enough to make a difference?). when i get home i'm going to measure the length on a denim jacket as that's just about the length i'm looking for.

on a completely different note, i'm really tempted to cop this suede jacket from united arrows beauty and youth

5414120B_10_D_500.jpg

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
really like that suede rider ^ but I think a moto would fit better into your wardrobe, mikey. that color is really nice though.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've checked any current season offerings, but doesn't Our Legacy put out some cool suede jackets? I remember being tempted by some in the past

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think I've checked any current season offerings, but doesn't Our Legacy put out some cool suede jackets? I remember being tempted by some in the past

they had a suede minimalist rider in the past that was really cool, but this season is kind of light as far as actual leather jackets go (they have a number of shirt jackets).

any comments on these jackets by japanese companies of varying levels of obscurity? quality probably won't be the best, but I expect the fit would be better for me from japanese brands:

freak's store (goat)
5066867B_171_D_500.jpg

hare (lamb) wish the pockets were zips
3724496_b_24_500.jpg

ships casual
5299149B_b_16_500.jpg

blue tornado
5222736_171_D_500.jpg

beams
5202197B_10_D_500.jpg

Last edited:

agp

Reaction score
Anyone know of where I could get a simple red leather jacket?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And by "simple" do you mean like this….

or like this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads