1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. WhyKay

WhyKay Active Member

I'll have to look into the 519. I currently own a 626 and like the slim body but hate the length.

2. Qristian

Qristian Member

I have 519 and it is by far the most best fitting Schott jacket. No puffy sleeves like older traditional models that I don't like. I wears quite slim, quite close to BLK DNM 5, but I think BLK DNM is still slimmier.

626 was a bit too long (I am 183cm and sized XL/44) though the leather was very beautiful and shiny. As I understand in older 626 there is no bi-swing back that newer ones have. The vintaged model 626vn doesn't have bi-swing back either so it would be wise to size up. Maybe Schott used older 626 models to make 626vn models. It is something to consider and very important regarding the fit when buying without trying it on.

I also have Schott models 530, 641hh that are Cafe Racer styled and Perf1 (brown perfecto 100th anniversary model made in USA for European market). The leather of 519 is really soft and feels nice. Same leather is used in 530. It doesn't need any breaking in like stiff horsehide does.

My next leather jacket will propably be Lewis Leathers lightning (402 or 391) or Vanson Daredevil. They are nice slim fitting jackets without epaulets if one doesn't like them.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  3. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

[​IMG]
    Some CDG leather

16 people like this.
  4. accordion

accordion Senior member

UC SS16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Senior member

6. tellure

tellure Senior member

Well I told myself no more leather jackets but who can resist a 5-zip for a good price? Forum member @cyc wid it gave me a great deal on this one in burnished grey calfskin, which I'm really enjoying so far. Nice break from the usual black leather. I usually wear a 48 and this is a 50 but I think it fits pretty well. I could probably wear a 48 no problem but I like being able to layer a sweater in winter. Sorry for the crappy bathroom pics.. I broke my real camera on a recent hiking trip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only question mark for me on the fit are the sleeves.. I know 5-zip sleeves are cut wider but these feel really wide. I did a quick measurement and my KKA DR (which has pretty slim sleeves) is 6.25" at the elbow, my Theory DR is 6.5" and the 5-zip here is 7.25". Thinking of having my tailor slim these down a bit. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    4 people like this.
  7. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

5 zips fit true to size. The baggy sleeves probably is due to a size too large. I went with true to size and still be able to layer a crewneck SNS.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  8. gsolegario

gsolegario New Member

In the market for my first leather jacket. Initial thoughts on this? Unfortunately I don't have extra photos. I was in a bit of a rush, but I'm planning on going back today or tomorrow to check it out again, but I wanted to try it on with a hoodie under because in the winter, I'll definitely need that extra layer.

[​IMG]

9. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I am considering an Aero Premier Half Belt in either Battered Tan or Vicenza russet. I haven't seen many pictures of the battered tan. Any opinions on either?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thats really cool, any idea where this will be stocked?

11. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Seems quite long

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Definitely the Vicenzia russet. I mean, the battered tan is nice, but seriously, the vicenzia, unless you are looking for something really heavy, is a consicerably more complex looking leather.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

14. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

@venividivicibj margiela

1 person likes this.
  15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

i hear. i was already leaning towards the russet.

16. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

That jacket looks a little too long.

Personally not into the hoodie + DR combo. It's a bit too Kanye cos play.

17. damienos

damienos Active Member

2 jackets everyone should have in their collection: A side-zip motorcycle (Schott Perfecto) and a nice clean one with collar (Schott 689 Horsehide)
    [​IMG]

18. accordion

accordion Senior member

JP stores, END, and Haven, most sizes already sold out. I kinda thought about it but the designs for FW16 look interesting.

19. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

[​IMG]

The elastic was new to me.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

I think this fits really well, especially considering how the 5 zip used to fit. The slim and unfortunately much shorter sleeves of recent models doesn't have the same kind of strong look that the original did. Theres an old editorial photo thats for sure in this thread's past with a man wearing a black calf 5zip with white boots. His fits similar to yours. I couldn't find the pic of him standing but this is from the same shoot I think.
    [​IMG]

I have a newer one thats close in look to yours, its grey and burnished but in lamb. I bought it thinking that it was from around the same time (2009-2010) as yours but after looking at the comm code I'm pretty sure mine is from 2014. Anyways, I wouldn't even give the sleeve width a second thought because that jackets fits you really cool, and the leather looks beautifully aged. I'd wear with wide trousers or heavily stacked denim.

Here's mine, sleeve length is shorter but I also am very lanky. I went with a 52, but would enjoy a 54 if I could have found one in this color.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.