• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can someone point me to the brands that currently use/used to use Guidi leather for their jackets?

So far I know Backlash, Devoa (pretty certain), Obscur (from the latest A/W), Incarnation, 10sei0otto, Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment (fairly certain) all use Guidi for the leathers, but I don't know for how long/if they still do so.  Thanks.

Ansnam and Layer-0 too.

Here's an Ansnam jacket from 2011. Was available MTM (maybe still is) for $2000:

Colors:
YpMAoNF.jpg

Good list guys, thanks :slayer:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone point me to the brands that currently use/used to use Guidi leather for their jackets?

So far I know Backlash, Devoa (pretty certain), Obscur (from the latest A/W), Incarnation, 10sei0otto, Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment (fairly certain) all use Guidi for the leathers, but I don't know for how long/if they still do so. Thanks.

10sei0otto uses Guidi leather in some of their jackets (boots too), but not all of them are made out of it. I have a jacket and according to Fascinate leather is Martucci, which from what I read (Ameblo I think) provides leather for Rick Owens and Ann D, among others.

There's a big difference in price, as Guidi leather is very expensive. Non-Guidi 10sei leather jackets retail for around 700€, whereas Guidi ones are quite likely well above 1000€.

I recall Brad saying that KKA also used Guidi in some leathers but not in others, and the difference in price was steep too. I think he even mentioned they were going to stop using Guidi due to prices?

My 10sei0otto boots do use Guidi horse.

Last edited:

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
10sei0otto uses Guidi leather in some of their jackets (boots too), but not all of them are made out of it. I have a jacket and according to Fascinate leather is Martucci, which from what I read (Ameblo I think) provides leather for Rick Owens and Ann D, among others.

There's a big difference in price, as Guidi leather is very expensive. Non-Guidi 10sei leather jackets retail for around 700€, whereas Guidi ones are quite likely well above 1000€.

I recall Brad saying that KKA also used Guidi in some leathers but not in others, and the difference in price was steep too. I think he even mentioned they were going to stop using Guidi due to prices?

My 10sei0otto boots do use Guidi horse.
Good to know for those two. I'll keep my eyes out...

joewood

Reaction score
Individual Sentiments uses Guidi leather. Although I'm not sure about their leather jackets.

Last edited:

Adroit

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, but why is Guidi leather desirable?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Please forgive my ignorance, but why is Guidi leather desirable?  

Guidi is a world renowned small italian shoemaker/tannery they have very high quality hides. Think of it in terms of why people like horween so much, they have a good rep with proven quality. Guidi has a good rep as well.

IDK how much "better" their hides are then other leather tanneries but they are considered very high quality and many artisan designers use them. Also people will pay a premium price for "guidi" leather on their shoes or jackets same way people pay for horween cordovan or chromexcel.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You realize the difference when you handle the leather.
The depth of the colors, the feel of the hide, durability; everything is fantastic.

Though I am not sure if they classify as a 'small' tannery.

Here's an old video:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

amby16

Reaction score
I think MA+ uses Guidi leather for some of the jackets too.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally tried the Moody Stooges. Can't fit in the 40. Too tight on the shoulders. Probably need a 42 but they didn't have the size available at that store.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Julius leather came in. Pretty happy. Leather definitely isn't as nice as the Zap Brannigan I had, but it has a nice mottled gray-blue-black-brown color and besides I bought it more for the design. Insect carapace status.

with IE pants and MA+ boots that I didn't wear for more than 30 seconds since it's like 95 degrees here

GarleyCavidson

Reaction score
Julius leather came in. Pretty happy. Leather definitely isn't as nice as the Zap Brannigan I had, but it has a nice mottled gray-blue-black-brown color and besides I bought it more for the design. Insect carapace status.

Hey, I've been thinking about trying to find this jacket for a while so I hope you don't mind if I ask you a bunch of questions about it.

What size is it? Is it lamb or calf leather? Tell us a bit more about what the leather is like - if you've got closeups I'd love to see em.

What are the different ways to wear the neck on the jacket? Got pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads