1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You saw made-to-measure at an outlet? Sweet.

Outlet prices frankly mean nothing. I saw Kiton knits for $20 at outlets, and Ralph Lauren Purple label leather jackets for $250. Rick Owens a bit more. Just saying.

2 people like this.
  3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

those jackets look great. really looking forward to seeing the A2.

4. LA Guy

A2s. imo, you want to rock in an unconventional color if you want to look more fashionable and less likely to look. And for me, that is one jacket where the fit has got to be spot on.

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

6. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Even from traditional repro producers you can go seal with rust knits (a hallmark of one of the original Aero contracts) which looks fantastic. But as you say, a baggy A-2 just looks terrible.

7. LA Guy

Yeah, but HKG has a lot of good manufacturing facilities. There are places there that can make you a really nice shearling that would cause heatstroke 350 days of the year in Hong Kong.

8. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

@LA Guy Where did you see RO for a bit over $250?

Asking for a friend, of course.

9. LA Guy

It's been a while, but th original Filene's Basement. This was also where I found the Kiton, etc...

10. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Any thoughts on this Diesel leather jacket? Is it a good deal at around $300?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

not a fan of the red zipper backer or the superfluous stitching.

2 people like this.
  12. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Don't buy it.

4 people like this.
  13. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

If you're after that style hit eBay for Brooks or Brimaco vintage. Under $200 for much higher quality and IMHO a more authentic cafe racer look. If you don't want it to look "vintage", hit it with some black polish and you're done.

14. Deva

Deva Member

Hello everyone, just wondering what you think about the brand "roar"? Specifically this jacket. Im just on the fence about buying it or not. [​IMG]

15. LA Guy

Roars is a cool brand - sorta fashionable basic motorcycle stuff. Decent leather, good cuts. What do you want to know in particular?

1 person likes this.
  16. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Not sure if there's an appropriate thread for this, but I've got some pre-production pictures from a custom/personal project that will probably be the best leather jacket I've ever owned. I left a swatch of forest green cowhide (aniline) out in the California sun for the warmer parts of last year, and I thought some of you would be interested in the results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2.5-3 oz aniline cowhide

The sun bleached it down from that very deep green to an olive/army drab color with brown tones throughout. The darkened portion of the swatch was oiled and conditioned frequently to simulate contact points with skin - like the collar of a rider jacket. I had no idea what to expect when I decided that this was the leather I'd use, because most examples of unfinished leather that I've seen have been some shade between raw and brown... It didn't help Googling "green leather patina" because there hadn't been much documentation there either.

I'm happy with the results of the experiment though, and I'm glad that I decided to stick with this leather over something semi-aniline.

Thought I'd include these as well, since I haven't seen Talon get much love for as long as I've been a member here. The design isn't as uh... aesthetically? refined as YKK/RiRi/Lampo, etc. but for me, that's kind of the point. If you're making a jacket with unfinished leather (scars and color/pigmentation gradients) then why would you want to slap some dainty hardware on top? :satisfied:
    [​IMG]
    #10 & #5

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  17. LA Guy

The jackets with Luxire will all use Talon hardware. For leather jackets, I can think of no brand with more history - and the zippers are sturdy and smooth.

1 person likes this.
  18. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Does anyone know what jacket is this? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

I've been wearing leather jackets consistently last few weeks in HKG since early Jan, no problems - definitely could use a leather jacket here more than most SE Asia places (SG MY etc), not to mention a leather jacket would also be useful if a regular China traveller from HK...

20. pravda

pravda Senior member

@styleforumfan; check out the Channel line. Looks very similar.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016