• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
There really is no way you could tell leather quality with those photos or even most photos. If you like the Burberry one better you like it better

futuresailors

Reaction score

Wish I knew what classes as 'quality' leather. I just liked the structured look of prosum. Leather felt thicker vs SL

He's probably refering to the waxy looking finish on the prorsum, which you do see on a lot of lower quality leathers.
Every prorsum piece I've owned or handled has been top notch, so if you like the look more, go for it. Even if you don't know what 'quality' is, it's probably there in spades.

Somatic

Reaction score
Can I get your thoughts on this Rick Owens shearling Bauhaus?
Never seen one in person before, but to my novice eye... the quality of the materials looks to be amazing! Would probably have to wait for it to drop to at least around $3000 later this year though.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the leather/sizing of the RO Sternberg secret hood? I've been looking for a nice minimalist black leather jacket and this seems to fit the bill.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received my heavy calf stooges, gotta say this is the best leather i ever felt on an RO so far. I think i have my grail... well 2 of them at the moment.

@GarleyCavidson thank you for helping me with the sizing and the good conversation in between.

@thekunk07 how do you not have 3 of these?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Received my heavy calf stooges, gotta say this is the best leather i ever felt on an RO so far. I think i have my grail... well 2 of them at the moment.

@GarleyCavidson thank you for helping me with the sizing and the good conversation in between.

@thekunk07 how do you not have 3 of these?

i've had 3 stooges, trying to replace the oiled calf one for a while now

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can I get your thoughts on this Rick Owens shearling Bauhaus? 
Never seen one in person before, but to my novice eye... the quality of the materials looks to be amazing! Would probably have to wait for it to drop to at least around $3000 later this year though.

its nice but the shearling material rick uses is kinda cheap

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That heavy calf Stooges really look nice. I just wish it didn't have epaulets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads