• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Send to me for long term testing relative to other calf... just saying. :D

GarleyCavidson

Reaction score
The Julius jackets are available for long term testing - please see my classifieds.

The Julius leathers have a dry hand. The Julius calf is slightly thicker than the lamb and has a distressed finish. It isn't as heavy as the Rick calf from this season (which is a plus if you're looking to wear the leather in the spring or summer).

Rick (left) Julius (right)

Last edited:

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for the right stooges for a long time and think I might have finally found it. Thanks @GarleyCavidson for the tip about serie noire. Crazy fast shipping and great service (though I'll probably get murdered by taxes). As he mentioned... it's thick.

Sleeves are of course ridiculously long. I will probably have them shortened to regain use of my hands.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great and you guys got them for a great price. Grats!

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent Stooges lately, wow

And yeah, I recommend having the sleeves shortened - can't believe I waited four years to do so, made the jacket a million times more wearable. I'll bet Zamb could help you out with that

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, no way to have it shortened from the shoulder with the construction of the Stooges. Left the full zipper intact and had it moved up, the long zipper is part of the aesthetic. Kept the sleeves long but not obnoxious, had them tailored to just above my thumb knuckle

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NVM just answered

Last edited:

GarleyCavidson

Reaction score
@artishard116 , looks great!
fistbump.gif

@nicelynice , I suppose I could go to Denim Revival and get the sleeves shortened... I'm a bit hesitant as it's so new... but the zipper makes the end of the sleeve really stiff (and it pushes up on my hand) so I'm really tempted to get it done.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend it, just snapped a picture to give an idea of how the balance looks (excuse the pajamas and the vuvuzela). Regained the use of my hands

Post-hem:

Pre-hem:

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** i need a new stooges

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads