• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by insOma
I just bought a jacket from the Aero Leather Company and its definitely the nicest leather jacket I've ever seen. Handmade to my measurements, made of front quarter horsehide, custom worsted wool lining and extra pockets. . . this jacket is amazing and I think Aero might make the finest leather ever.
Jacket-9-copy.jpg

holy fartknuckles! is that the vintage black color? i can't figure out if i like the brown or black more. i guess i'd get more mileage out of black, though.

RatherAnOddball

Reaction score
Please let's not allow this thread to die without a few more pages of great pictures.
smile.gif

Many thanks to all the contributors!

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
I think this thread has convinced me to get an Aero Highwayman ... damn you guys ... but I'll post pics as soon as I can get it.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
I think this thread has convinced me to get an Aero Highwayman ... damn you guys ... but I'll post pics as soon as I can get it.

the above pic did it to me. i started the process today....

still need to decide on standard back or bi-swing.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
the above pic did it to me. i started the process today.... still need to decide on standard back or bi-swing.
I think your timing is very good ... are they having a sale or something? I have been watching the Aero Highwayman listing on eBay and they dropped the price from $845 to $750 today. Edit: PS did you decide on black or brown? I'm torn ... like you, I figure I can get a lot more mileage out of black but I really like the brown as well. Not enough cash for two of them!

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm going with vintage black. they sent some sample pieces to me and they all look really good. i've got a lot of brown and earthy stuff so i figure black will be a nice change. the brown's a lot darker than in the pictures, too, if you're leaning that way (and the pics make all colors a lot shinier than reality). neither one is the right or wrong choice since they both kick ass. i don't know about a sale but i'm gonna dance a damn jig if there is one. i've been in touch with the factory because i have a feeling it's going to have for be a custom fit and there's some stuff i want to do that isn't on the ebay jackets. also, i think if i ever get another, i'm going to get the long half belt in brown. here's an old dude pimping one:
PC250004.jpg

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but, then again (and i've never watched this show so there's no outside influence), this pic makes the brown look ******* good.
129871142.jpg
and this one makes black look sort of douchey
DanielCraig_Highwayman.jpg
so........who knows?????

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey ace, ordering direct from aero is even cheaper than ebay and has free shipping. takes 5-6 weeks to complete.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Grundle, thanks for the tips. I will call the factory to see what they can do. Man, this is not an easy decision!

I think the black looks good ... the pic posted by insOma makes it look really nice. Black is a lot more versatile during the winter anyway, but I've already got several black leather jackets including three Vansons (mostly for motorcycling, but I could wear my Comet around town if need be).

The Hugh Laurie brown jacket also looks good. Wasn't he on Black Adder before he did House MD? Anyway, I like brown as a general "country" color and I think it's a welcome departure from 99% of the other leather jackets here in town, which are generally black.

I kinda like the cordovan as well, although in some photos on eBay it looks a bit too reddish for my taste.

Alternatively, I may consider looking at a Vanson Mercury (similar, but not the same style) for a standard black leather jacket ($459) and buy an Aero brown horsehide Highwayman. The Vanson is about $300 cheaper and while it is not horsehide or made as well as the Aero, I find that the standard Vanson size 40 (sized down 2" for me) fits rather well. My Comet has a decent taper so I don't find it loose around the waist at all. In this manner, I could get myself two decent leather jackets and save about $300 in the process.

Decisions, decisions!

Diem

Reaction score
95298_1.jpg
95296_1.jpg
Two very nice jackets from Rick Owens. Even tho I don't usually like the ninja **** this is good.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't Kallun have a Perfecto-style jacket from Raf Simons? I remember quite liking that (even though, of course, I'd never be able to buy it.)

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diem
95298_1.jpg
95296_1.jpg

Two very nice jackets from Rick Owens. Even tho I don't usually like the ninja **** this is good.

I have the one on the right in washed lamb, great jacket.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What?
The well dressed woman or else that happen to be in the pic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads