• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how many inches are you (the ones wearing RO in 54) in the chest?

been thinking of getting one but thinking its just too slim for me.

Depends on the season. Apparently last year things have gotten incredibly slim. So a 2013 sz 54 is equal to a 2010 sz 52 I believe. Or something like that.

My chest size is about 42-43ish.

At first I wasn't sold on the new treated lamb (LGI "Glass Ice") quality. It's fairly thin but in all honesty it has surprised me with how well it's breaking in. The leather catches light in a certain way but at the same time appears matte, and the natural creasing removes some of that subtle shine. I have a feeling the leather is going to look pretty cool once its thoroughly beat up.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost bought a Rick Geo today, too cropped and too tight in the waist. Bummed because the shoulders and top block fit perfectly. Typical weird Rick sizing

Great deal for a shorter 44 with broad shoulders:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/gsc-rinkan/r01041403080004/

There's a 10% off coupon too

Fit like:

Wanted a fit like:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ok.i will be watching this post from now on...i will see if i learn some "taste"

Based on material cost alone, it's impossible to get a good leather jackets for $180. for example, I have a cafe racer from Aero which is made from a 1.3mm Horween cowhide. The retail on that hide is a couple of hundred dollars. The manufacturers get the hidoes or much cheaper but even so it would be impossible for them to wholesale the jacket for $180, much less retail it at that.

It looks like you are looking for a fairly traditional style in non-traditional leathers. The best way to do this is to get something custom made, from an outfit like Aero or Vanson.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Depends on the season. Apparently last year things have gotten incredibly slim. So a 2013 sz 54 is equal to a 2010 sz 52 I believe. Or something like that. My chest size is about 42-43ish. At first I wasn't sold on the new treated lamb (LGI "Glass Ice") quality. It's fairly thin but in all honesty it has surprised me with how well it's breaking in. The leather catches light in a certain way but at the same time appears matte, and the natural creasing removes some of that subtle shine. I have a feeling the leather is going to look pretty cool once its thoroughly beat up.
thats correct, my ro stooges is a 52 and i wear normally a 48/50 (38/40us), fits me well!
hello folks,
how about these? 180$ obviously its not a big brand but worth every penny.
how about this?
friendly advice, lurk a little bit, go through the thread and see what cool jackets are vs what you posted. And then start posting.
Based on material cost alone, it's impossible to get a good leather jackets for $180. for example, I have a cafe racer from Aero which is made from a 1.3mm Horween cowhide. The retail on that hide is a couple of hundred dollars. The manufacturers get the hidoes or much cheaper but even so it would be impossible for them to wholesale the jacket for $180, much less retail it at that. It looks like you are looking for a fairly traditional style in non-traditional leathers. The best way to do this is to get something custom made, from an outfit like Aero or Vanson.
this!!!

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that stooges on spence would have been perfect but I'm usually a 38/40 and it's a 50... Probably too small :(

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn that stooges on spence would have been perfect but I'm usually a 38/40 and it's a 50... Probably too small :(

Well sizing is all over the place I'm same size and my stooges is a 52, message spence for measurements and go off that, tag is never really right

Sigh... subtle way to promote/sell his products.

I thought that as well, mods should delete the posts if that's the case

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score

CK has a mainline? that should tell how much i could not care about CK in general :lol:

i find it ridiculous that they decided to copy what RO/Isaac Sellman did in the last season with the alligator jacket and even that was ridiculous

:brick:

believe it or not Rick didn't invent the entire fashion universe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads