1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

I still think that the jacket is potentially pulloffable. @Rosecity can you throw in a fit pic?

2. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

Maybe you should return it, you might mess up the silhouette.

3. Rosecity

Rosecity Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really love the fit of it. I also like that since the jacket is a very dark blue it almost looks black. The blueness shows in direct lighting.

This is a medium sized jacket. I think I'm actually a 38R but most of my jackets are 40. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Those front pockets are just unsalvageable.

2 people like this.
  5. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

You really custom ordered that?

1 person likes this.
  6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Mind boggling ain't it?

7. Rosecity

Rosecity Active Member

Well the jacket had been graded. It's basically based off this one. Apparently it was used in some music video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found out about it from the second pic white variant I saw on some site. I guess Usher ordered like 10 of them. He or his stylist must love them. The leather is amazing. Better than some of my Gucci or Tom Ford jackets.

8. Spaghettimatt

K. I guess the two problems I have with it are 1) the blue suede trim is distracting and incongruous with the snake skin, and b) it looks like they ran out of snake skin halfway down the back. But whatever as long as you're happy.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

that snake jacket could be alright if styled correctly, maybe

reminds me of this robert geller jacket + more snakes

[​IMG]

10. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

The bomber with snakeskin looks like something Lanvin/Haider Ackermann would put out.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  11. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

what is going on the upper back is cool.

12. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I like the back and it fits good on you but those pockets are atrocious.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Snake jacket fit is ass

Too narrow for your hips in the front and back. Bunching behind the shoulders. Can't believe its custom

14. Rosecity

Rosecity Active Member

Actually I may have misused the word. It's custom in the sense it has a different zipper and python cut than the graded version. I was not measure for this. It's a size medium.

15. Spaghettimatt

99% of the population won't notice those fit issues. If you really like it, rock on dude.

16. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Can you post a better pic with more light? I know you might be loathe to as everyone is jumping down your throat about the jacket but it is really hard to see the details from your previous pics.

17. otherw1s3

otherw1s3 Member

I've posted this yesterday already in the new members thread but seeing that this one is more active, and more specific Imma post it here too.

So I got this great deal on a Schott 141 and since there's as far as I know not a single store that sells them in my area, I had to pull the trigger and have hope that it fits me.

I'm a 36 when it comes to suit jackets etc and this one was a 36 too. Anyway got the jacket (It's beautiful!) but I'm not so sure about the fit. I have pretty big waists for a guy so jackets are always tight in that area but I think the shoulders are too big (excluding the armholes/sleeves, I knew those would be big, the jacket is made for riding after all).

It's kinda sad if I need to let it go, that's why I want some "external" opinions.

-Thanks in advance

Here are the fitpics:

http://imgur.com/a/N7Isi

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you can upload pics on SF or link them from imgur, use the bbc code i think.

re fit, yea that jacket doesn't sit well on you, especially zipped up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  19. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

The jacket doesn't fit your lower waist/hip so it bunched up, try to release the waist adjuster to the maximum first, if it still doesn't fit, then the pattern of that model doesn't match your body type because if you size up then the shoulder would be too big since this one is already big. You need a jacket with less taper on the waist area, or a shorter jacket, or one with dual zippers, or a long jacket but with a zipper placed higher up leaving the lower part more flexible to accommodate your hip size.

or if you really really like it for some reason, then just never wear it zipped.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. Spaghettimatt

No. It's still too wide in the shoulders no matter what he does.