1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Spray lexol all over it, should improve the dryness of leather

2. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

I've had my eyes on that for a while, but for the money its just too expensive. For one uniform experiment / sophnet doesn't use the best leather, its generally pretty ho hum and they always use paint coated leathers not aniline which wears pretty poorly. I don't remember if that model is coated like the recent navy rider, but since its from aw11 and is still 30% off retail and visibly used, its not a good deal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

^thanks for the info re UE leathers...I thought you hated the brown one I posted?

4. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Has anyone ever bought one off the fakes from ioffer?

http://www.ioffer.com/selling/discountmart seems to have just about everyhing available from balmain and prosum to margiela to CCP and obscur

Im so curious to see how horrible or decent they are

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

guys please don't buy fake dunks. jesus

6. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

So you're saying size up?

9. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

you will be in for a surprise ordering from that site.

[​IMG]

10. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

wat

over my head sorry :(

Im assuming some of the fakes must be very good, since there are constantly is this authentic threads being made - they are good enough to at least be in doubt

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

wouldn't be surprised if those tech runners were better quality than actual Rick

12. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

probably that is about the correct price for a decently made stuff including a decent profit for the manufacture and the seller without big designer label behind it purposefully marked up price to limit their market segment [​IMG] to give false sense of extra quality and extra satisfaction from throwing much more money than others to have something other people can't have.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Tech runners are ok quality (say a nice Adidas shoe so very good in a sense) which means they're probably leagues above the cheap stuff you see on those sites. I'd say it is probably something like fake Nikes versus real Nikes: make a lot of diff if you've ever seen the fakes...

14. iSleipnir

iSleipnir Member

Hey, navetsea, any update on the jackets you designed? You said one was being made for your brother soon?

15. navetsea

[​IMG]
    would be 1.4mm black cow, the front panels shaved from inside to make thinner & drape.

on separate project, I picked this greyish black goats, to make mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Nice. I only have on TOJ and that's a BCDR.

edit: I see that the post I was replying to was deleted, so it doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  17. milosh

milosh Senior member

@navetsea where do source the leather?

18. navetsea

locally, but in this case, it just happened they (this workshop who make my jacket) have these old goathides in stock, and actually shown to me as we talked about my decision as an example how inferior they are to soft sheep hide, also they said these goat is "unfinished" the surface was not painted that is why they fade just being left in storage, so I took the bad example instead[​IMG] they are happy to finally get rid some of their " unfinished" goat nobody else want, and I'm happy to get instant worn look of a naked goat.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  19. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Well I got curious I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I hate wasting money on rick owens garbage despite some of the designs looking cool, so I sent the seller a message asking to buy a pair

Here is the reply

Dear friend: I have size us 9 in stock. I can sell for 100usd free shipping. we accept the method for payment, please choose the way you like:1 .Western Union. 2. Bank Transfer. 3. MoneyGram. When you choose to complete, in order to ensure smooth and safe completion of the transaction, please tell me your contact email, I need to mail to you . payment information, Best regards

1. Western Union
    2. Bank Transfer
    3. MoneyGram

Well that puts my mind at rest. Here I was worrying that I was going to get cheated

I made sure to include my social security number as well

2 people like this.
  20. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Any thoughts on this K Racer jacket by Belstaff? I think I like it, but I am unsure about the padding on the shoulders...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]