1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Do us all a favor and get rid of the DIY collar. It looks really bad...

so is a poodle but you would wear em

1 person likes this.
  2. chaerimk

chaerimk Active Member

I wouldn't say all of us but deffinately appriciated your opinion. It each of our own take on personal style right? to have sinnedk critic on my style is an honor. :D

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you are welcome for the critique but there are a few others that told you the same thing

4. Adroit

Adroit Senior member

^ Good looking jacket Layman!

5. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Just noticed this Enso Art jacket on eBay. I'm not the seller and have never heard of the line. Looks decent though.

[​IMG]

6. JTK

JTK Senior member

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Lewis Leathers Super Sportsman that I found locally, and which fits me perfectly. At $1300, though, I was wondering if there are less expensive options that are on par with the quality of Lewis? Also, can anyone comment on how this jacket with handle a 30/20 degree weather?

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Anybody know how Haider leathers are in quality and how they fit?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

not sure about the fit since I didn't try it on but i don't really love the leather in person. it doesn't feel as luxe as you would hope, and the design, to me, is just ok. the quality is fine, but for that price i would hope all these things would be a little more impressive. my favorite part of the jacket is actually the lining. that's the most luxurious thing about the jacket.

9. LALurker

LALurker Senior member

What's special about the lining? It's a layer of fabric or padded? I Like the jacket as well but I somehow worry about it's too hot for LA weather.

10. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

what are the qualities of horse hide leather jackets, compared with lamb and calf?

11. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Generally thicker, my experience anyways but there are exceptions... like generally lamb offerings range much thinner and to a lesser extent calf.

Horse is much tougher and more durable. Potentially stiffer as well. I've had scratches unindent on my horse leather jackets... after being super bummed about the scratch.

12. accordion

accordion Senior member

Went to IFSoho today and tried on a bunch of Ricks, 5 zips, and MA+. It was all 30% off and most of it was between 48-52. Didn't check the price tag on everything but I imagine their retail markup is high. There was a MA+ long coat that was the nicest thing I've seen in person. There was also two versions of 5zips, one slightly thicker and more expensive than the other but impossible to tell from appearance. They also carry IS, lost&found and attachment but no jackets afaik. Probably the best boutique in that area.

13. Sam5p

Sam5p Active Member

Is this their winter sale? Do you know long this is running for?

14. accordion

accordion Senior member

Since nov. 28, all the really good stuff is gone but there's still a bunch of ok to good stuff left.

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

sorry, just saw this. it's a really nice lustrous blue print fabric. think it's a cotton/spandex sateen or something (not padded). here's a pic of a different colored lining for the corner's exclusive leather. basically this but blue. nothing mindblowing. it just looks really nice and does actually make the jacket feel a bit more luxe and special.

[​IMG]
    http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/leather-outerwear_cod59141105mv.html

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  16. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

[​IMG]

Tried on the MMM 5 zip, thoughts? They only had a 52 in stock.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I just got into grad school. Kinda want to blow some money to buy a nice black or brown leather jacket. So many optionsssss so few $$$$

2 people like this.
  18. Spazz

Spazz Active Member

It's too big, dude.

Fit, fit, fit. <- There's the guide to a great jacket.

19. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

So I bought a women's MMM 5 zip from yoox for my girlfriend. I don't know what kind of leather it is but it's paper-thin. I'm guessing this is from a spring/summer collection but the leather quality is just disappointing.

20. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Probably need to go for a 50 then, it felt a bit large.