1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

The link sent you to the jacket pictured below? I was able to apply the promo code for this one, taking the price down to $1299. It feels like a good value/quality buy but then again I've not seen the jacket in person.

[​IMG]

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yes the link got me to that exact jacket, 1299 ain't too bad IMO. The price I saw was around 2k and 20% off that isn't 1299 but if you are getting that price then not bad. FYI to tell how good the leather is we need to know the leather code on the tag.

If there is hassle free returns on this then try it.

3. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Where did you get it that was 50% off? Was it ssense? Sorry if I misread your post

Also pictures man!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. d1234

d1234 Member

Photos for the Balmain leather. Some of the stitching mistakes aren't obvious in these photos.

Anyway, for USD 5000 (pre-sale at least), every stitch and every piece of leather should be perfect, like SLP or Loewe is.
    Preparing to return it now. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ It is a bit hard to tell, except for the 3rd pic of the shoulder... definitely looks wonky there. That's unfortunate. What a bummer for something that should be excellent it kinda falls short.

6. chaerimk

chaerimk Active Member

I got the jacket at a local consignment store in Atlanta. I am here for the vacation and lucky to tumble on one. Very happy with it so far. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sleeve is long on me but everywhere else it fit nice so i am not complain. It so hard to find jacket that fit asian frame so i am happy with it.

2 people like this.
  7. d1234

d1234 Member

That's a very nice jacket. I would think it should be fairly easy for a good tailor to shorten the sleeves from the end

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

50% off on this, not bad not bad...

[​IMG]
    http://www.blkdnm.com/menswear/leather-jackets/p/mkl103/leather-jacket-31 ?

1. How is the leather quality?
    2. is it lamb?

9. chaerimk

chaerimk Active Member

[\quote] 1. How is the leather quality?
    2. is it lamb?[/quote]

The leather is quite good. It is lamb. It has some good weight to it but not heavy. It is also padded inside so I dont think it a good jacket for warm or hot day. Fit deff tts fitted.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

hey buddy wats ur height and weight? And what size is that

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

use spoiler tags around pics to save space...

[​IMG]

highlight the pics and click the above :D

12. chaerimk

chaerimk Active Member

I am 5"6, 125lb. The jacket is size xs. :)

13. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

thank u guys

14. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

[​IMG]

Belstaff alwyn jacket! just purchased online at nordstroms. opinions?

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

1. add the item to your signature, it will appear every time you post and help you sell it 2. take better pics, you cannot see anything and better pics help sell your jacket
    looks cool, are the sleeves leather or fabric? kinda look fabric. make sure for the price the quality is good, al lot of this brands are great but sometimes provide a subpar item for the price. Belstaf should be good. IDK if they are worth the price because there are a lot of great leather makers that can make a rider but then again if you like it and it works then cool. Also check blk dnm thats being discussed...

16. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I've really enjoyed leafing through this thread guys, really interesting! I have suddenly developed a hankering for a leather jacket.

The MMM Five Zip has been calling my name.

For anyone who owns it, care to comment on the fit?

@dieworkwear

I am thinking about this one...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

There are guys here who know a lot more about that jacket than I do (cc: @LA Guy), but FWIW, AFAIK, the cut has changed over the years. So if you're buying second hand, it might be worth figuring out what year it's from. IIRC, someone published a page once detailing all the minor changes the company has made to that model. I think I found the link through a post by @nicelynice, but @RegisDB9 is probably also familiar with it.

I also find that the material greatly affects the fit and silhouette. A calf jacket I tried on was much more boxy in the shoulders, while the lamb I have is more rounded. It's by default a more boxy silhouette, but the material you get can either accentuate or tone that aspect down.

I really like it though. And if it helps to know, I took my regular size.

1 person likes this.
  18. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Thank you so much for the extensive post D. I only found out about this jacket fairly recently, and I am rather smitten by it. Hoping to pick one up at some point in some shade of brown, since I feel that color gives it a bit more of a CM feel and goes more with my 'look.' I also feel like the jacket has enough of a structured look that it can be... Dressed up. I may order the black one from Barneys just to see what my size is, and see if I like the aesthetic.

Never owned a leather jacket before, may never own more than one, but I feel like at some point every man has to buy one.

19. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Still waiting on MRS zippers to return on the 5zip...

20. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

1 person likes this.