• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not Rick and it's not really a leather shirt, it's a full blown leather jacket. Leather is pretty damn thick too and it is very nice in person, definitely much nicer and much, much thicker than the 5zip I returned. I think I have enough leather jackets with zips and moto style too. I also like that it is a bit on a looser side.

I folded the cuffs on purpose, it is extremely long. They looks like these uncuffed.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly my experience with the 5zips i've tried on has been bad. i like the jacket/look but the leather is flimsy.
Yea for sure, my 5-zip leather is very thin but I actually do not mind it maybe because Ive never owned a $2000+ thick leather jacket. The only thing that can make it better is a slightly thicker leather buts thats literally the only thing, the color, cut, hardware, and fit are all the best I could ask for so the thin leather gets overlooked by me.

My next leather should be soon after christmas was going to go with Zamb after that guy posted pictures of his but Zamb honestly seems like a prick and I really don't want to support a company like that. So I was talking to Albert the owner of Collateral Concepts and the guys really nice and helpful and now Im set on the jacket he makes, really nice and may even sell my 5-zip to get it sooner, ill try to resist though.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, any leather would look bad on you regardless

RO is for those who work out or know what a gym is, you

einstine
LL

Working out is modern couture.
- Rick Owens

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch! that´s ice cold, toasty.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty I run 5 miles 6-7 days a week but thanks for the consideration towards my health, and glad to see you kept my picture.
inlove.gif

...and you do realize Rick Owens is extremely skinny.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The CC jacket is nicer, the price is more reasonable.

5 zip has a boxy fit that's it. Don't think the cut is special in any way. And leather they used looks cheap. $1350 acne looks better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads