• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not like there was a time of plenty where all their leathers were made from oiled calf and now the well is dry. There were only a few issues where it was used and they weren't that long ago. I think gleam was one (2010) and then one after that... maybe there's more I'm sure kunk or other RO experts would know. RO is just not a brand that focuses on thickness or quality of leather used, it's more focused on design like many other designer brands.

And oiled calf isn't like some kind of amazing leather that should be put on a pedestal anyways. I've yet to see any calf leather oiled or otherwise from any brand that equals something as amazing as the horse leather used in lokesh's jacket. Though of course people look for different things in their leather. I'm sure there are people who prioritize suppleness... or even thin/paper-likeness in their leathers.

BTW, that ZB and its fit on you is
worship2.gif
the only thing I can't get used to is that extremely wavy zipper.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LOL

Again
you know nothing about artisanal fashion so you keep yapping away in ignorance
the jacket was made from a very soft but thick 3oz horse leather and usually soften back to the original feel it had before treatment. The leather was originally beige/ tan/ copper. After the jacket was made, it was then dyed black in a bath of fiber reactive for about 2-3 days which allows for showing hints of the original colors through the overlocked seams. The jacket is then removed from the bath, rinsed in a vinegar and oil solution and dried in a dryer until it it is about 90% dried. it is then placed on a body form that is the size it's to be, to prevent undue shrinkage, and so it would mold to the shape of a body.
When the jacket is dried it is very stiff, it is then rubbed with a neatsfoot oil solution that prepares it for softening. The jacket could be soften by us here at Zfactorie, but we prefer to leave it like that and have the customer wear the jacket to break it in themselves.

The reason is simple. Wearing the jacket to soften it allows the jacket to mold to the physique of the wearer, in the same manner as raw jeans fades in areas specific to the motion and physique of the wearer and takes on characteristics unique to its wearer. To artificially pre-soften the jacket takes away from this experience that is important to the personalized clothing experience that Zam Barrett Dialogue represents.

As for the wavy Zipper, its a part of the unique features of jackets that are washed, and it looks great................but obviously from your WAYWT pictures you seem incapable of really understanding key features of an aesthetic you want to be a part of but cannot (as yet) seem to grasp

We offer several different options in Leather Jackets each season, so there are heavier and thinner leathers, this season in a paper thin horse that is incredibly strong, we have this same Minimalist leather jacket in the Non Overlocked version also in Calf, We have a Tri Zip leather in Deerskin and the High Neck Inner Leather in a matte black Calf with a very subtle sanded texture.
It's fine of you to critique our work, but I suggest you try to learn more about exactly what we do before you talk about thinks you dont know

Also, to answer your question. a deep grey or maroon pants would look really great with your 5Zips. slim fitting bit not tight. Drop Crotch in grey would look good with them too.......................enjoy!

Last edited:

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Damn, I saw the classified ad for lokesh's jacket. Really wanted to buy but I was too late by the time I saw it. Woulda been perfect for my proportions. Looks so sick in those pictures and makes me regret not seeing it earlier lol

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL

Again
the jacket was made from a very soft but thick 3oz horse leather and usually soften back to the original feel it had before treatment. The leather was originally beige/ tan/ copper. After the jacket was made, it was then dyed black in a bath of fiber reactive for about 2-3 days which allows for showing hints of the original colors through the overlocked seams. The jacket is then removed from the bath, rinsed in a vinegar and oil solution and dried in a dryer until it it is about 90% dried. it is then placed on a body form that is the size it's to be, to prevent undue shrinkage, and so it would mold to the shape of a body.
When the jacket is dried it is very stiff, it is then rubbed with a neatsfoot oil solution that prepares it for softening. The jacket could be soften by us here at Zfactorie, but we prefer to leave it like that and have the customer wear the jacket to break it in themselves.

The reason is simple. Wearing the jacket to soften it allows the jacket to mold to the physique of the wearer, in the same manner as raw jeans fades in areas specific to the motion and physique of the wearer and takes on characteristics unique to its wearer. To artificially pre-soften the jacket takes away from this experience that is important to the personalized clothing experience that Zam Barrett Dialogue represents.

As for the wavy Zipper, its a part of the unique features of jackets that are washed, and it looks great................but obviously from your WAYWT pictures you seem incapable of really understanding key features of an aesthetic you want to be a part of but cannot (as yet) seem to grasp

We offer several different options in Leather Jackets each season, so there are heavier and thinner leathers, this season in a paper thin horse that is incredibly strong, we have this same Minimalist leather jacket in the Non Overlocked version also in Calf, We have a Tri Zip leather in Deerskin and the High Neck Inner Leather in a matte black Calf with a very subtle sanded texture.
It's fine of you to critique our work, but I suggest you try to learn more about exactly what we do before you talk about thinks you dont know

Also, to answer your question. a deep grey or maroon pants would look really great with your 5Zips. slim fitting bit not tight. Drop Crotch in grey would look good with them too.......................enjoy!

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LOL

Again
the jacket was made from a very soft but thick 3oz horse leather and usually soften back to the original feel it had before treatment.  The leather was originally beige/ tan/ copper. After the jacket was made, it was then dyed black in a bath of fiber reactive for about 2-3 days which allows for showing hints of the original colors through the overlocked seams. The jacket is then removed from the bath, rinsed in a vinegar and oil solution and  dried in a dryer until it it is about 90% dried. it is then placed on a body form that is the size it's to be, to prevent undue shrinkage, and so it would mold to the shape of a body.

The reason is simple. Wearing the jacket to soften it allows the jacket to mold to the physique of the wearer, in the same manner as raw jeans fades in areas specific to the motion and physique of the wearer and takes on characteristics unique to its wearer. To artificially pre-soften the jacket takes away from this experience that is important to the personalized  clothing experience that Zam Barrett Dialogue represents.

As for the wavy Zipper, its a part of the unique features of jackets that are washed, and it looks great................but obviously from your  WAYWT pictures you seem incapable of really understanding key features of an aesthetic you want to be a part of but cannot (as yet) seem to grasp

We offer several different options in Leather Jackets each season, so there are heavier and thinner leathers, this season in a paper thin horse that is incredibly strong, we have this same Minimalist leather jacket in the Non Overlocked version also in Calf,  We have a Tri Zip leather in Deerskin and the  High Neck Inner Leather in a matte black Calf with a very subtle sanded texture.

Also, to answer your question. a deep grey or maroon pants would look really great with your 5Zips.  slim fitting bit not tight. Drop Crotch in grey would look good with them too.......................enjoy!

Z i think you completely misunderstood the guy. He said he liked the jacket just wasn't sure about the wavy zipper. IDK why he needed a lesson about artisanal fashion.

FYI, i do like that particular jacket a lot but have no cash for it.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

resize your image and take a better quality pic of the jacket

No offense to anyone involved but that RO looks like it's made out of cardboard compared to the 10Sei and ZB jackets posted on the same page..

idk man, jacket doesn't look amazing per se but at the same time the quality of the pic takes away a lot so we can't really tell the quality

Neognosis

Reaction score
Do you guys know why so many leather jackets are cut short in the waist and long in the sleeves?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of jackets are based on motorcycle jackets, which are cut long in the sleeves to protect the arms while riding and short in the body so you can bend your torso. A lot of fashion brands have exaggerated this silhouette with long, slim sleeves

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads