1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

This is actually my holy grail MA+, in horse.

[​IMG]

The guy told me for some reason MA+ won't be making as many in horse going forward, not sure why. Or if it's true.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Fwoedit - nice purchases man! But why both in black though? Incarnation has good offerings in different colors. Not that there's anything wrong with black. That MA+ horse leather moto jacket pops up in classifieds from time to time. Check sf, sz, grailed dot
    com and ebay. You might also want to contact member skeen who bought that moto jacket in midnight blue for $1500 and was ready to part with it (it was 50 or 52 to fit true 48).

1 person likes this.
  3. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

^jacket has a new home already.
    You would have looked awesome in it though, you have the right build for MA+ your jacket looks great congrats

I wish the reverse horse fit me better, it was a really good colour/texture but im too chunky for it

1 person likes this.
  4. Beane

Beane Senior member

Truly amazing models in the V renissance

5. Beane

Beane Senior member

Thats´s perfect, what about the back? half belted?

1 person likes this.
  6. Beane

Beane Senior member

7. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Here is one of the back.. It is a simple plain back.. This picture was taken outside in the sun..

[​IMG]

8. Beane

Beane Senior member

great design, what is Seal horsehide?

9. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Seal is the name of the color, commonly used for brown leather.

10. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

@Jbravo Thanks! These are my first high-quality leather jackets ever, so I figured I would go versatile. : ) The Incarnation is actually more of a grey / brown black, hard to describe, but mostly black, ha.

Next I might like to go to a color, but not sure yet what would work with me. Thank for the Grailed dot com tip, I'll definitely bookmark that!

$1,500 would have been super-sweet!

<<nice purchases man! But why both in black though? Incarnation has good offerings in different colors. Not that there's anything wrong with black. That MA+ horse leather moto jacket pops up in classifieds from time to time. Check sf, sz, grailed dot
    com and ebay. You might also want to contact member skeen who bought that moto jacket in midnight blue for $1500 and was ready to part with it (it was 50 or 52 to fit true 48).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  11. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

Thanks @skeen7908

Yes, fit can be a challenge. I'm tending to gain a little weight in my stomach, and some of these amazing jackets are so fitted, if I'm not careful the stomach "pops out" (meaning, cough, "accurately conform to my body"), so it's probably good motivation for me to find some decent stomach exercises, if any truly exist. Or cut out sugar in my coffee.

Now if I can just get the bravery to actually wear that MA+ every day. It cost so much, my tendency is always to "fashion hoard," as my girlfriend teases me.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

13. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

^that is a nice-looking jacket, @sinnedk !

14. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member

Visited medium rare here in HK, nice store. Picked up an incarnation. Probably my nicest leather jacket now.

1 person likes this.
  15. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

Ah, I didn't know about that store, cool!

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i hope someone swooped it

pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

hey @nicelynice do you do any conditioning/oiling of your stooges? it looks great after all these years! I've noticed some fading (black to navy/green) near some creases on my hammered lamb. Wondering if that's unavoidable or if I should do something about it

18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The greenish fading is unavoidable due to the dying method used on the jackets (my lambskin Julius jackets also had a similar issue) - mine has some around the cuffs and zipper contact areas, but it's barely noticeable when I wear it. I use Saphir delicate leather cream once or twice a year in spots that feel a bit ashy and it restores the color and cleans up the dryness quite well

19. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Guys how have you sized MA+ ? Campbell is telling me to tts but he always wants me to buy tops that are too small and pants that are too big.

1 person likes this.
  20. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I have only tried on MA+ gear once, but I am your size and size 54 tops felt borderline. TTS would have been madness. @unbelragazzo has that sick petrol aviator in a 54 (I think), you could ask how it's stretched/aged.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014