1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. autumndreams

autumndreams Senior member

I picked up a Schott 660 recently, and I'm very happy with it:
    [​IMG]

2. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

The Kooples is like H&M with a bigger budget. Fits nice, looks nice, quality can be a bit underwhelming and feels very trendy.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

is it like all saints?
    not a fan of the fit... too long on bottom and waist is not tight enough. A bit more length and it looks more like a coat. its too long for a jacket imo...

4. Beane

Beane Senior member

I think the same about the schott, but the rest of the desing is really nice in my opinion. The 654 is shorter and similar.

5. autumndreams

The latter would be one of my few gripes about this jacket: it does flare out a little at the bottom. A strange design choice it seems to me, but one that doesn't bother me too much.

As for the length: It's their 28" fitted cafe racer model, made to be a little longer than their usual offerings. The photo may exaggerate it's length as the camera is pointed down: It hits right above the back pockets on my denim, and I'm 6'2". Beane is right, the 654 is a good alternative for a shorter jacket.

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Agreed… everything is a bit baggy. The sleeve length looks perfect but the entire torso is at least a size too large.

7. Beane

Beane Senior member

its a different type of jacket, supposed to be that way, its like a longer leather jacket. I think this is a matter of taste, it can look good in tall guys

8. Shadowvault

Shadowvault Active Member

Isnt this jacket awesome?I wish i could afford it :/

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

It's just a straight forward moto with quilts on the elbo

10. Shadowvault

Exactly!Pretty minimalistic.I like the way it looks though.The colour,texture,etc.But maybe its just the photo and looks different in person,dunno.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

What brand is that?

FYI lots of designers and leather makers make something very similar to that style at reasonable prices.

12. Shadowvault

Can you suggest any?Its a ralph lauren black label

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Sure thing, what's your budget?

Member @Adroit posted a great list that I have somewhere it's within the last 20 pages. I'll try to get it to you once I am home.

14. Shadowvault

700 euros max at this time.I dont mind buying a used one as long its in great condition.My other problem is the weight.I am currently around 55 kg (and i cant do much about it,i am trying though :p).I am 174cm tall.What size would you suggest with the potential of adding some more weight?Is there any ratio that can calculate what size is suitable? Lets say the X size its good if you are between (Min,Max) kg

15. autumndreams

The picture is deceptive, then. Here's another to illustrate what I mean:

[​IMG]

Could it be a little more tailored? Sure. As it stands, though, there's nothing baggy about this jacket. The shoulder seams hit where they're supposed to, and the chest is very slim. The waist and biceps could be taken in a little bit, but overall I'm happy with the fit.

It's brand-new cowhide as well, it's going to take some time for this thing to break in. Right now it's very stiff.

2 people like this.
  16. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Plus they're one of the few brands at that price bracket who cut their stuff to fit short skinny people, which is great for me. I bought a few suits from them for a new job I started 8 months ago, fabric and cut is great, and they have frequent sales.

17. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

see above list posted by androit, i'd add to check vanson and schott, TOJ used if you can find it here or on another site. 700e is a lot of room to buy a leather jacket. sizing i cannot help you with based on height/weight, measurements of chest and shoulders is how to to tell. Just find a jacket you like in maybe one of the mentioned makers and you can either ask for measurements or have one made.

1 person likes this.
  18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I think it would look good a few inches shorter. Wouldn't change much else.

19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Agreed that certainly looks much better! Minor nits to pick, sure, but it's more reasonable than the previous picture.

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Who did it better? Leather MA-1 edition.

Rick Owens

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

TOJ
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]