Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

I really like the comet and Ace. I actually like the model B a lot though. I just like the comet because it has armor capabilities but I like the model B for its looks (im okay with riding with just thick leather). I've seen some really nice ones with great fit pictures but they have all been distressed. All the new ones look like shit. AND aero and vanson take like 3-5 months to get your jacket made. Shit I want one now!

Do you have a Vanson stocking dealer near you? Check their website. When I got my Comet I had to special order because it was customized but my dealer had a few jackets in stock and ready to buy -- no wait required if you fit the "stock" cut. They're out of business now. [​IMG]

By the way, the Aero/Iron Heart collab jacket looks like an interesting piece. Personally I think my FQHH Aero is stiff enough; the Cafe Racer collab will feature thicker leather than Aero's standard FQHH! The jacket will stand up by itself, as evidenced by the pics in that thread. [​IMG]

2. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

[​IMG]

This one is actually pretty nice.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

She does look nice indeed.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Margiela 5-zip

[​IMG]

In horse leather

[​IMG]

Had no idea this existed. Season on the black/black one?

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Had no idea this existed. Season on the black/black one?
    Might be a sample? It's from a blog from this store http://www.glamour-online.jp/ when they visited Paris' As far as I know, it's never been produced in horse leather Here's a list of all colors seasons 99aw 牛革(黒) Calf Black 00ss 牛革(茶)Calf Brown 00aw 牛革(赤)Calf Red 01ss 牛革(黒、茶、ベージュ) Calf Black Red Beige 01aw 牛革(黒、茶) Calf Black Brown 02ss スウェード(ベージュ) Suede Beige     オイルドコットン(茶)Oiled Cotton Brown 02aw アンティーク加工(黒、茶)Antiqued Leather Black Brown 03ss コットン(黒、茶)Cotton Black Brown 03aw  04ss  04aw ウォッシュドレザー(茶) Washed leather brown (double zip_     *フロントがダブルジップ 05ss 牛革(黒)Calf black (reproduction of first model)     *ファーストモデルの復刻     牛革(白)Calf white 05aw スウェード(ベージュ、黒) Suede beige black 06ss 牛革(黒、茶)Calf black brown (changed to smaller zippers)     *ジップが小さめに変更 06aw 牛革(黒、茶)Calf brown black     鹿革(黒、茶)Deerskin brown black 07ss 牛革(黒、白)Calf black white     コットン(黒)Cotton black 07aw ラム(黒)Ram black     シープ(紺)Sheep navy 08ss 牛革(黒、ベージュ、コニャック、白) Calf black, beige, cognac, white     コットン(黒)Cotton black     08aw 牛革(黒、白、キャメルブラウン)Calf black, white, caramel brown     鹿革ムートン(黒)Deerskin mutton (I don't know what this means) black     ワックスド&ベイクド(黒、茶、ベージュ) Waxed & baked black, brown, beige 09ss 牛革(黒、白、キャメルブラウン) Calf black, white, caramel brown     コットン(紺、オフホワイト)Cotton navy, offwhite     牛革(ムラ染めグレー)Calf, irregular gray dye 09aw 牛革(黒、ベージュ、ボルドー) Calf black, beige, Bordeaux     ウールフランネル(グレー) Wool flannel gray

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Deerskin mouton is shearling. I vaguely remember it because it's not that old of a season.

The ~05 models all had MRS zips, they changed to Riris in one 06 season, and then it's been YKKs (like I use) since.. and that black/black one might be a future season prototype, as you said, since it also has the YKK's in neo black.

They also changed construction of the jackets a bit, the shoulders and sides are felled on the new ones, I don't really like that because I feel it interferes with the aging process and felled shoulders are more delicate as it raises the seam to a pipe that you can easily nick or damage somehow. When leathers contact water they get a nice shrinking and puckering at the seams and so I like flat seams on these jackets, keeps the purity of line.
    Also, I think this design looks best in heavy calf, because of the fit. It's boxy and is supposed to move towards the back when unzipped, and tent over the kidneys naturally. The new softer leathers wouldn't do that.

7. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Jaden Smith in Gareth Pugh lol

8. onion

onion Senior member

9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Haha what is that from

10. onion

onion Senior member

Honestly I have no idea, I just found it in some streewear thread on sufu.

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

OMG what a baller

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

that's Temple of Jawnz dude

13. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Here's one from Dior Homme AW05
    [​IMG]

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^ boring. looks like a mall brand pleather.

15. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

And one from Julius coming out AW10:
    [​IMG]