1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Looks fine. Nothing terribly special, but I'd be interested to see it in person. Who makes it?

2. oreamnos

oreamnos New Member

I'm wanting to make my first leather jacket purchase, and have been on the casual hunt for about a year or two. I don't like ones that look to biker-esque, nor do I like ones that are longer styles or too flashy so it's been a challenge finding something. The other day I spotted a jacket that appealed to me in terms of style. It's a Hugo Boss leather jacket in buffalo nubuck - a material I've never seen before, but feels (and probably is given it's a buffalo) very heavy duty and a strong build relative to the typical lamb skin leather jackets BOSS seems to normally make (which I do not like - too thin). It's also pretty modest in its design, which appeals to me. What is everyone's opinion/experience with quality of Boss leathers? Worth the price tag (about $1000)? Also, what are your opinions on a nubuck leather in terms of longevity and maintenance? Thanks! Here's a photo: [​IMG]

3. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

4. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Senior member

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Best you've seen? I'm not sure whether to flame or feel sorry for you.

6. rufiorufiorufio

lol def not the best i've seen. i was being facetious

just felt like posting in here.

but since we are here: thoughts on schott perfecto for supreme that dropped yesterday?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  7. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

My sister purchased a leather jacket from HM and it looks like crap/plastic.

8. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

At the end of the day, it's really just clothing.

9. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

For most people on this forum clothing is not just clothing, so watch it [​IMG]

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Eh. It looks okay. I liked the first schottxsupreme perfecto more.

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Speaking of cheap leather like H&M, I visited a Zara recently and the have leather wit scarstitch now.

13. rufiorufiorufio

sorry about me posting the hm leather in here.

ive been suscribed to this thread for a while and i guess i've never really double checked the caption of the thread title.

went out of my way and just ordered the schott x supreme.

the removable shearling collar was the selling point as i prefer a more rugged look to leather silhouettes.

one day i'll be able to go beyond my plebeian ways and cop the high end jawnz

1 person likes this.
  14. prscustom

prscustom Active Member

ive never been so unsure. i have green,darkbrown and black leather jackets but i never had a tan/lightbown one, it looked nice to me at first but i dont want to regret to purchase or get bored with it quickly. the color is unique, unlike many other jackets in this color. i think the combo with white tee + grey toned jeans is nice, but i dont know if its a right choice for me since this color is more preferred by blondes. my taste could be biased so id like to have your opinion on color/fit aswell.

i also wish the jacket was shorter. im a short guy so i always prefer my jackets as short as possible.

i never show the belt buckle, i tucked the shirt in to show the color combination with belt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is my fav. black jacket. its abit shorter and for me, its the perfect lenght

[​IMG]

thanks in advance!

15. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I just realised Lewis Leathers have a shop a few minutes from my place, are they worth checking out?

2 people like this.
  16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Lewlew make solid shit

1 person likes this.
  17. jordache jeans

jordache jeans Senior member

Got this RO stooges from yoox, was posted in the good deal/finds thread awhile back so thought I might pass it on to someone here before I returned it into the yoox cesspool. Also would rather just get my money back vs. getting yoox credit as well.

Size 48, fits like a RO size 48, which means it's good for a 46. I wear a 50 in RO normally and gave it a shot but it's too small.

It's reverse calf leather, really thick. It is made in moldova but don't see any quality issues with it. Going to pass it along for same price + shipping; otherwise will just return to yoox.

It's $1433.36 + ~$14 for shipping, PM by Thursday if anyone's interested or if you need measurements/add'l pics. I can even net out the ebates that I got for it if you want.

If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete...

[​IMG]

Just so you guys know how much I paid:

[​IMG]

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

That looks good price ain't bad either

19. superego

superego Senior member

can't tell if this is a compliment or criticism

20. rufiorufiorufio

lol i think its a compliment