• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chaos

Reaction score
My size 48 5-zip has 18" shoulders, 18.5" across the back. The dropped look works on my jacket since the material is thin (kangaroo leather) and drapes nicely. Not sure if it would work on a thicker leather like horse/calf though

Last edited:

JSAN

Reaction score
My size 48 5-zip has 18" shoulders, 18.5" across the back. The dropped look works on my jacket since the material is thin (kangaroo leather) and drapes nicely. Not sure if it would work on a thicker leather like horse/calf though

My red horse 5-zip still feels really stiff, tempted to wash it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

http://www.yoox.com/us/41368290UO/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41368290UO&sizeId=3

What kind of leather is this? (I see that it is calf, but the texture looks interesting)

Looks like the matte calf they had on sale 2-3 season ago, it is thinner than the usual calf and had a slight blue hue that was on ssense iirc. These pics are from Aloharag of the same jacket.
16lwbr6.jpg

x5sivb.jpg

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tan 5zip at Yoox looks nice.

I got the tan and sold it, it would only look good with somebody who has naturally darker skin. Looked bad on me but then again I'm pretty white

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the matte calf they had on sale 2-3 season ago, it is thinner than the usual calf and had a slight blue hue that was on ssense iirc. These pics are from Aloharag of the same jacket.
16lwbr6.jpg

x5sivb.jpg

I need one so bad dont have $2000 to drop but do have $1000

chaos

Reaction score
Probably not going to find a new (or like new) black 5-zip for $1,000 man. You'll be lucky if you find one. Prices have been increasing over the last couple of years and these things sell out at full retail, especially since the the jacket/brand have been hyped up so much. Your best bet is probably to keep an eye out on eBay... not sure if I've ever seen any black 5-zips in the more common sizes make it to sale at any online retailer.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not going to find a new (or like new) black 5-zip for $1,000 man. You'll be lucky if you find one. Prices have been increasing over the last couple of years and these things sell out at full retail, especially since the the jacket/brand have been hyped up so much. Your best bet is probably to keep an eye out on eBay... not sure if I've ever seen any black 5-zips in the more common sizes make it to sale at any online retailer.

Yea, ebay had a black 48 sell for $700 I let go because it was summer, and a dude offered me $600 for a black 50 but scared it might not fit.

chaos

Reaction score
I've been working on downsizing my leather collection, thought I'd share the keepers so far (bad cell phone pic):

Left to right:

MMM (Kangaroo)
CCP (Calf)
MA+ (Horse)
TOJ (Calf)
RO (Lamb)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics