• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DarkSpiral

Reaction score
So today I got my Intarsia today in size 48 in and I have a few questions.

How tight is it supposed to fit? Right now it definitely a bit snug, but not uncomfortable. I don't think I have much room to grow in it though. Also, the leather seems quite supple. How much, if any will it stretch?

As of right now, I have the option of going one size larger and I'm not too sure if I should.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your hands and phone are covering everything, but it looks like you shouldn't size up

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

looks like it fits you well, its leather and will stretch a bit but also should be comfortable

Yeah, it's definitely comfortable. There isn't anywhere where it's uncomfortable or anything. It's just a bit snug in the chest and where the armpits are for me for the most part. I could still maybe get a thin sweater/cardigan in if I really wanted to, but then it would definitely be a bit tighter around the armpits, etc.

your hands and phone are covering everything, but it looks like you shouldn't size up

thats true drop one hand to show sleeve length

That's a good point. Sorry about that! Here are some better pictures in better light!

DividedWay

Reaction score
If the armholes are too high, that's an issue with the jacket that sizing up will solve- however, it looks like the rest of the jacket fits spot on, so sizing up would mess wih the rest of he fit. I would not size up, but return if the armholes are not confortable to wear.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
High armholes are synonymous with Rick jacket, it is just something you have to get used if you want to wear his leathers. Once you get a hang of it, you really would not even notice it anymore.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
High armholes are a nice feature, allowing for better arm movement without the jacket riding up/moving all over the place. A high arm scythe is a staple of higher end tailored items.

DividedWay

Reaction score
But can also be more uncomfortable. Just pointing out that if they're uncomfortable, they won't be fixed by wearing it in.

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

High armholes are a nice feature, allowing for better arm movement without the jacket riding up/moving all over the place. A high arm scythe is a staple of higher end tailored items.

High armholes are synonymous with Rick jacket, it is just something you have to get used if you want to wear his leathers. Once you get a hang of it, you really would not even notice it anymore.

If the armholes are too high, that's an issue with the jacket that sizing up will solve- however, it looks like the rest of the jacket fits spot on, so sizing up would mess wih the rest of he fit. I would not size up, but return if the armholes are not confortable to wear.

The arm holes aren't uncomfortable or anything, they're just tighter than I'm used to with a jacket. Same with the chest area. I don't think I actually have any jackets right now with really high arm holes to be honest, but as I put it on more and more, I definitely am getting a lot more used to it.

It's definitely a bigger purchase, so I just wanted to make sure. I'm definitely going to hang on to the size 48 then I think. Cheers everyone for all of your input!!!

Last edited:

TintoTerra

Reaction score
So is it generally advisable to size up one on current season Rick leathers? I'm normally a 48 in euro brands, but my RO Worker leather is a 50 and is pretty tight. Looking at getting a stooges.

richardwallace

Reaction score

I have actually been thinking about having my tailor replace my (current model black calf) 5 zip's gunmetal zips with silver YKK excellas... Or maybe find the same model of zipper and teeth but in nickel instead of gunmetal. I love my jacket, but have been searching for a black one with silver zips forever and figured the best thing to do would be to put silver zips on mine. We'll see what my tailor says.

this is gonna be a long shot, but does anyone know the YKK excella zipper teeth color that margiela uses on the current 5 zips (eg. artishard's new burgundy horse one)?

it's a dark, but still very shiny silver (not dull gunmetal and not bright shiny regular silver).

color codes I have are P, C5 (I think these are both bright shiny silver), H6 (I think this is dull/matt gunmetal..not shiny enough), V6 (this might be it, it's called Black Nickel..but looks too dark in photos online)

hey Krish the Fish, i'm pretty sure that the zippers you want are 8SGW (excella #8 two-way). good luck choosing the color (i think you'd want P or C5)

Last edited:

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

So is it generally advisable to size up one on current season Rick leathers? I'm normally a 48 in euro brands, but my RO Worker leather is a 50 and is pretty tight. Looking at getting a stooges.

I think the different jackets have slightly different fits with RO, but I'd size one up at least if I were you mate! The one I just got was sized up one from what I normally go with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads