Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Could of = wrong

Could have = right

[​IMG]

Even I, a guy from 3rd world non English speaking fucked up country knows about it. It's just really irritating reading this 'could of' shit in every other post of any forum

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i wouldn't call russia a 3rd world country, developing yes but far from 3rd world and isnt moscow the most expensive city in the world?

3. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

Apologies.

I usually write could've, I just had a brain fart (due to IRL pronunciation) and typed it how I would say it.

But if we are in "school" now.... that isn't the only grammatical error in my post lol, there is quite a bit.

But honestly after my first line in typing a response I honestly was on cbfed mode and just banged it out.

But hey If you want to correct me, retype it and send via pm, and I'll repost it no worries.

Never doubt your own country mate, it's not where you live, it's what you do to help yourself and others around you in the end.

But thanks for correcting again [​IMG].

(check your pm)

Now someone bring back leather jacket posts to get thread back on track.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  4. BarryOne

BarryOne Member

Great looking jacket yes but not as great as the silver zippers version. I wonder if it's possible to have the zippers switched out?

5. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

your assumptions on Balmain were pure bullshit so I didnt bother reading the rest of your post. I didnt understand the whole idea of your post because it wasn't worth reading

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

silver or gunmetal is better, but black is good. I don't recall seeing a fit pick of a blacked out 5

I have a black 5zip with gunmetal zips arriving on monday......

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

5-zip army is growing.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Aniline calf is back this season for Kazuyuki Kumagai :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

Yeah, which is odd because they are so hard to find. I have been looking for years. I had to pay full price for a fw13/14 that was just stocked about a week or two ago. They will all be gone soon.

I stumbled onto a black Givenchy padded leather bomber yesterday and bought it on spur of moment. Very soft lamb... glove leather is what it looks like to me. Slim fit, runs short. I like it but, but haven't decided if I will keep. I later found a pic of it online:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

for the record, it seems ro has switched things up a bit. the basic leathers have actually gone down in price (and quality a bit) over the last few years. the basics used to be 2700-2950 and are now about 2000-2200 with a few special leathers each season, i.e., cow leather, horse leather, shearling being in the 3.5-5k range. my cow leather stooges was 3750 and is heavy and thick as any ccp. my washed calf bauhaus is great style wise but pales next to the exploder era basics. i wish i had held onto some of my older stuff but i can say even the later season leathers that were great like hammered lamb are no longer available.

i think i have owned 25 ro leathers (down to 5, priorities priorities) and would rank them in the following from a somewhat subjective quality standpoint:

oiled calf (crust)
    cow leather (last 3 seasons)
    og calf (exploder/stag)
    blistered over neoprene (exploder/stag)
    hammered lamb (crust)
    blistered(various seasons)

I sold both my oiled calf jackets, wish i hadn't, doubt they will reissue with that quality again but they get recycled so will get one second hand at one point. there is also a certain absurdity to having too many leather as from may-september in ny they are just too warm and not warm enough in dec-mid february. that means you get maybe 3 months use here. there is also an aesthetic impracticality in a lot of situations as anything but a stooges looks bad over a button down and you can't wear a leather over a blazer despite what a GQ spring preview may tell you.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I think people realized you have to kop right away at retail as soon as you see them in stock if you're smaller than a 52. That or scour various forums nonstop.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Black MMM 5 zip on farfetch. Use the 20% off discount in the site brining down the cost to about 1600

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Black MMM 5 zip on farfetch. Use the 20% off discount in the site brining down the cost to about 1600

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

you guys kill me, margiela has been (figuratively) dead for years and those 5 zips are so boxy they look like shit on 99% of purchasers.

15. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Yeah, this is what I had to do. Black 5 Zips in a size 50 never make it to discounted price so I just bit the bullet and copped at full price. To MMM's credit, it's an amazing jacket and probably the favorite piece of clothing I own.