• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BarryOne

Reaction score
I bought this 5 zip at 50% off yesterday from MrPorter in a 48 - the last one in stock. I'd been looking for one in white calf at a decent price for ages and had almost pulled the trigger a day earlier at 30% off.

Anyway, I got an email from customer service this morning saying there was a mistake in their inventory and they "couldn't locate" the jacket in a 48 so my order had been cancelled. Have to wait a few days for the pending payment to disappear on my credit card.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the rick is bald eagle with reversible white panda

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I got an email from customer service this morning saying there was a mistake in their inventory and they "couldn't locate" the jacket in a 48 so my order had been cancelled. Have to wait a few days for the pending payment to disappear on my credit card.

Oh ****. I hate when that happens.

tay1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere online in which I can find a good quality black lambskin leather jacket?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chapelle show

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score
rick quality of the past 5+ seasons has been garbage, if you think any different you simply don't know what quality is

prob everything from ss10 release onwards

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rick quality of the past 5+ seasons has been garbage, if you think any different you simply don't know what quality is

I found a few Rick leathers over that period that I liked and thought they had acceptable quality, perhaps I can't gauge quality which is okay with me I suppose.

My main problem with recent Rick leathers has been design not quality.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

price is marsupialed and he did that jacket 2 seasons ago with down sleeves

That thing was ridiculous. The arms had the diameter of a garden hose, and the body was a barrel. I don't know what body type could look right in that.

It would be a huge leap forward if he got the fit right in the new version, which looks okay to me based on internet pics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rick leather varies in quality these days. There are still probably one or two pieces that is made well, I think the oiled calf is still great.

There is also a shearling hoody for about the same price.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The one that i own feels like butter and is pretty thick. It's fw12 washed lamb, rover model

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

price is marsupialed and he did that jacket 2 seasons ago with down sleeves

i think the material used is a little different. Damn gotta sell all my shearling jackets soon.

shdws

Reaction score

Seriously . . .

It's people like you who spread this almost made to sound like "fact", that ALL Rick leather has gone to crap, sick of hearing it.

Each season has its strong and weak leathers, hell not even just Rick, I am sure many other designers are not always 100% consistent on providing "quality"

It's like saying for example, Balmain leather jackets or biker jeans of today is pathetic compared to years ago when Decarnin was designer, yet people still buy into it.

Or Margiela is now on the whole is crap, as he hasn't been there for a long time, yet people still buy the 5 zips and GATs

And I honestly doubt you have handled every single Rick leather each season and that is the TRUTH.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads