1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. bdude

bdude Senior member

Reg: Blk dnm quality - have no issues with my biker jacket ( model 31) for a 1.5 years. also it is the jkt i get most compliments for

2. SuperflyBanana

SuperflyBanana Well-Known Member

Got this Viparo Biker today and just now realized that it kind of copied off the Saint Laurent Classic Biker. I'm totally okay with it though haha.

Viparo
    [​IMG]
    Saint Laurent
    [​IMG]

I know it's strange to be comparing a $550 jacket to a $4,000 SL, but I'm actually really impressed with Viparo's quality on this jacket.They used some really nice thick aniline cow leather and the fit is great too. Definitely worth the money imo!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

The major difference here is that one is crap and the other is not.

4. SuperflyBanana

I personally don't consider a $550 leather jacket to be "crap". The Saint Laurent obviously has far superior construction and materials, but for an average person like me, I'm perfectly happy to save $3,500 on a very similar jacket.

5. Distorbiant

It's not very similar. It's a ripoff made in india from low quality leather and isn't worth the price they are charging you.

I strongly suggest returning that jacket if possible. There are plenty of better options during sales than... that.

Also please check the thread title before you choose to continue the discussion further.

6. SuperflyBanana

I actually got it for $400 and it is the best leather jacket I've owned so far, so I see no problem with my post.

What label would you suggest in the same price range though? I have a very hard time finding leather jackets that I like and fit me well.
    I need a more fitted jacket, which is why I have been buying from Viparo lately.

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

real life checking in here... at some point y'all may have a moment where you want something and your SF training will fight you because there's a better price to quality ratio version unicorn somewhere out there off the internet, but you're going to want to just buy the damn thing and move on with life. Most people walk in, find something they like, and buy it at full retail. If you've hunted around for X item and seen a bunch, and find one you like and it's pretty much what you were going for and it's a comfortable price, just buy it and don't worry about the interwebz' approval. Trust yourself.

dude says I'm happy with the discount I got (I'm comfortable at this price point)
    It's the best I've ever owned (it's already an upgrade for me)
    I have a hard time finding stuff I like (I'm picky and this works for me) and fit me well (can't buy off internet because need to fit it on)
    what else would you suggest (ok you've opened a can of worms people, I'm keeping this unless you can give me a better option considering the above)

so I don't know any of the background on this Viparo VS YSL story nor do I know much about leathers, but if new guy with mild clothing interest likes the jacket and is comfortable with his $400 price and it makes him feel like he's got something similar to his unattainable unicorn jacket, hell, why tread on his dreams? Dude, enjoy your Viparo and go play outside.

10 people like this.
  8. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

yeah, I'd do what he said

9. Arxinall

Arxinall New Member

This is the siccest *lightweight* leather jacket I can find.

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=502584741

Cannot find it online anywhere anymore. Does anyone know a jacket that looks identical to this one? Hooded, thin loose fitting lambskin, leather throughout? Dying to have this. Looks like the one Wiz Khalifa wears in the Old Chanel music video. If its not the one hes wearing in Old Chanel, someone tell me what that jacket is! Prease!

10. 5354

5354 Senior member

Typical distorb lol

11. Distorbiant

I guess if he's happy that's all that matters I mean it does say that in the constitution.

Just... made-in-india YSL knockoffs...

[​IMG]

12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I dunno Distorb's post seems perfectly in-line with this forum and its interests. It's StyleForum, not AskMen.

4 people like this.
  13. 5354

5354 Senior member

I understand where he's coming from and it all makes sense but if the dude is really happy with his jacket, then so be it.

14. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Suede stooges is super nice but I think a little too snug for me, will likely return. Thoughts?
    Big fan of the leather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. Distorbiant

People can be happy with a lot of ugly shit.

Stop being an enabler for bad clothes, 5354!

16. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

He can be happy with his jacket but that doesn't make the jacket less shitty. I'm with Distorb on that.

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

art I think the Rick fits as it should.

2 people like this.
  18. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

thanks, it's close, still debating. i feel like zipped up its not so flattering.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think it looks good too Art, even when closed. Probably no room for layering though.

1 person likes this.
  20. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

It definitely looks a little tight, especially the shoulder area, but it looks alright when it's open. Probably stretch a little bit too, though that leather looks pretty serious. Stooges is a jacket I'd go a half size up rather than down in - aggressive jacket like that still looks pretty good when it's oversized and you can throw something under it as well.

Here's a fit from Fuuma that inspired me to get the jacket in the first place and myself in a Stooges just for comparison

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.