Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Like I said, I do not want/like the TOJ iteration of the a-2. I think they work for some people, but the fit is too slim and the pattern needs to be reworked if you were to convince me to buy. The pockets and collar are too big, the body too slim, etc. I really appreciate his work, but it's not for me.

2. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

^have you considered one of those Visvim A-2s?

3. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Have considered, but its very hard to find my size below retail. My budget is around ~1,000, and the vis leather is far more than that.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've seen that jacket, and actually have an earlier incarnation of it (calf instead of horse, the red was lighter than this version.. The only thing that would have needed to do was really give it a thorough coating of Obenauf's to get that more rich, blood red. I did that with a lighter jacket, and in the 2 years since I've had it, it's aged beautifully and conformed to the body, and shown character that you never really get in a black leather. I've had numerous offers for it, ripped up lining and all.

Ditto. It seems like a waste of a jacket. I am not against alterations and experimentation, by any means. But it seems that if you meant, from the onset, to fundamentally alter the character of the garment, instead of enhancing its strengths, you would have done better with a less interesting jacket. It's like people who are thinking about dying their Ann Demeulemeester boots from that rich red to black. Sadness.

5. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

he has the worst taste in clothes lol

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

it sounds like you want one of the repro ones... goodwear, etc.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ You mean something like this ?

8. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Far from it. I still need something slim and modern just not Toj. I feel like the fit on drews jackets only fit right on slender builds, regardless of the m2m. Repro jackets are way too old man for me. I'll probably just get the wtaps, its more or less exactly what I want.

9. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

This makes no sense. MTM accommodates different builds by definition. It is in fact, the purpose of MTM. If you don't like the styling, that is one thing, but with a little thought, you can tune the fit however you like.

10. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

It's the details on the jackets that don't work for me, and I have seen many times that when people go m2m with TOJ and modify the measurements to get something other than the typical TOJ fit, it just looks bad (and understandably so considering Drew always says listen to their sizing advice). This is also why I don't want to gamble, because I know I'd be throwing around the measurements and changing different things about the jacket to get it to fit how I want, when in the end I probably won't be happy. This is my opinion, but I also think that the brand is still developing it's patterns and I believe them to be a work in progress. Progress is good, yes, but I don't think all of the jackets have yet hit their stride and need some fine tuning.

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

What's the deal with Rick pricing? Some of his leathers are around $2k but they can go up to $4k, what's the difference?

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

13. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

speaking of, snakeskin mollino:
    [​IMG]
    lol

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  14. Tsuji

Tsuji Senior member

Does anyone here like the Decarnin era leathers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Guetta has been a l'éclaireur client for a while, some of the people working there had to go to a box at one of his shows to show they cared (eeewwww).