1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jordache jeans

jordache jeans Senior member

I'll gladly take it off your hands for cost + shipping/fees [​IMG]

2. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

:crackup: Value, SLP is also not be all end all of leathers. Probably made in the same factories as $2k jackets and you realize that ToJ is direct selling, so if a boutique bought them to sell they would cost double as much. It would be like buying direct from the bimmer factory...see how silly the analogy is. Also, replicating leather qualities is much easier than replicating automotive engineering. You don't pay BMW price for the BMW name its for superior engineering. Hedi is far too hedonistic to realize his name isn't enough to sell overpriced and underwhelming garments anymore. So, now his focus is to build the celeb hype...Mayweather to Justin Biebz and every classless buffoon in between.

I think its just hate towards the ToJ love. I am sure charly could come and enlighten him on leathers and bimmers.

This.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Um no... that is terrible. But what do I know. Perhaps you aspire to be the Navy's most fashionable LSO.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  4. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

My 10 sei 0 otto jacket just arrived. I love it! It fits pretty snug, especially in the arms. I do work out regularly, but my arms are definitely not massive (around 37 centimeters/14.5 inches in a 180 cms/5'11 frame) and the upper arm bit fits like a second skin, in a size 50.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

6. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I had some pm's requesting images of the AW13 A1923 llama high neck, here you go:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

Nice! Leather looks amazing,

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

great price on this 10 Sei O Otto http://www.styleforum.net/t/369596/...-jacket-wool-lining-size-48/0_50#post_6784177

i was impressed with the fit and luckily found one in my size. lined with a wool/shearling-type fabric - perfect for winter

1 person likes this.
  9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

do they fit small like RO? or slim/tight?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah fits slim like most designer leather jackets. shoulders and upper arms are a little tight relative to waist. I think ill have to cut away the excess wool as well

12. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Sorry because I took the pictures with an old iPhone 4:

[​IMG]

test
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leather feels incredible to me, but then again I've never handled any jacket from those top tier brands that are discussed here so I don't know how it compares and I can only imagine how great that a1923 jacket a few posts earlier must feel.

Mine doesn't have wool lining, but cotton.

3 people like this.
  13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

jacket looks good

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Ignore the untucked shirt, it makes it look more cropped.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

what season is that one from?

16. einstine

einstine Senior member

What pants "not jeans" do you guys think go well with black 5-zips?

I get sick of wearing black, and blue jeans with it but not sure what else would look good. Only idea I have is dark colored Wings + Horns chinos.

17. metall

metall Member

Snagged this leather jacket at a thrift store the other day for 60 bucks. The jacket is true vintage and heavy as hell. It had those cowboy fringes on the back and arms and I got them removed today. The jacket fits me like a motha fuccen glove. Not everyday I make a cheap find like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Senior member

I think the bush pants would probably look good. They made them in a variety of colors.

[​IMG]

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

w+h chinos are great with leather jackets, german corded pant in particular. i cannot recommend anything cooler or sexier, atleast not from personal experience

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  20. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

Just thought I'd share some pictures and thoughts on my ZB jacket that I recently picked up since there isn't much information on here about his leathers.

I got the Overlocked High Neck Minimalist leather in a 3oz Horse. I lucked out in that I got a custom piece that was made for someone shorter so the proportions are different from stock and are more cropped (stock is too long for me in the body and sleeves since I'm pretty short). It was originally a tan color that was dyed black. I've worn it every day since I got it and I absolutely love it! Very substansial heavy leather which was super stiff initially. I could stand it up on it's own, but I can't anymore. It is breaking in so nicely and getting buttery soft in just the right places. The leather itself has some great variations in texture all over. Anyway here are some pictures (click for slightly larger pictures):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And an x-post from another thread with some fit pics:

I really like the sleeve lining pattern. I know it's a small detail but I have a thing for interesting linings haha. I also really like the main zippers because they feel super solid, and the zipepr chain is wavy and keeps the jacket from being just flat. Not sure if that makes any sense, but it makes it feel flow-y. Also I'm a sucker for overlock stitching. So yeah just wanted to share. After searching for the right jacket for months (I only had the budget for one that I hope will last me for many many years) I decided on this one. Fits me so nicely and is slim without being restricting. I can layer nicely with it too. It has a curved hem where the back is a bit shorter than the front. And wearing it with the neck up and the neck down gives it two totally different looks IMO which is really nice.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    17 people like this.