1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

The bison grain on the high neck looks really cool in photos

I agree for the fencing or scarstitch horse probably more suited if its smooth

Was thinking about getting a high neck in one of the lighter colours (eg 33) in kangaroo. Dont really need a heavy jacket in my climate

Will have to keep looking

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah, extremely nice. As good if not better than most jackets discussed in this thread. The current season leathers are quite substantial the jackets are well-constructed. Like Rick with better quality control. If the simple designs work for you, I'd say you couldn't do better in that style for the price

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

This is personally the best high neck I've ever seen. But don't think it'd look nearly as sick with grain. Ah and it's horse.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Those CCP jackets look so sick, but do y'all enjoy wearing them? They're the one of the most heavy, cumbersome, and imposing clothing items I've ever tried on. I couldn't imagine wearing CCP around all day

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah actually I do a lot. That said 2 of them fit me really well.. if they didn't fit as well I could see how it'd be insanely uncomfortable since it is very thick/stiff (The last is the grey/green SS07 overlock in calf leather... but I keep it around for collecting's sake). Then again.. take my opinion with a large grain of salt. I hunt after super dense/thick/stiff fabrics in my pieces. That's why I love the a1923 wool/ramie pieces from this season... and why I loved the cotton blazer from last season but sadly it's starting to soften up with wear :( I find myself reaching for it way less after that :/

6. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Yeah so cool. I think this is colour 33?

7. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Lamb has more room in the body but smaller arms. Calf has larger shoulders and arms but a more aggressive taper. I think the lamb drapes much more softly on the body but the 5 zip is known for it's boxy fit so the fw13 does a better job at that. It's all personal preference they are both very nice. I think the ss14 is also not made in Italy because the neck tag would state so normally but they may have moved it.

8. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Speaking from experience: Yes!

When I got my high-neck (CORS) it was stiff and restrictive. It was also too tight for me as I sized down by one (100% intentional). But after about 4-5 wears, it has changed a lot. It has stretched one full size and has softened in the sleeves and body. And now it feels awesome! Quite comfortable; after a year of wearing it, it will be that much better. And I am wearing it today!

The shininess of the leather also changed to a much more matte finish, which I prefer.

Here are some more pics of the light colored high neck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

I looked through a lot of the older posts in this thread a while ago (bored), and the ccp high neck really did stand out as probably my favorite piece. I wish I could handle it in person to feel the materials and experience the armor-like quality of the jacket. Maybe there will be a trip to Europe or Asia sometime in the future.

10. several

several Active Member

I have the high neck in 3 different leathers, kangaroo, bison and horse(cors)...

The cors one at first is very stiff but softens up quite quickly but always remains quite rigid. Bison is always soft and very thick, has some grain visible. Kangaroo is like paper, thin and crispy.

Selling the bison one atm.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^can i borrow some money?

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I'm really not a fan of this jacket. Sort of a mock turtleneck collar, giant pockets that give off a hip flare, and just mostly a wall of dull, putty colored leather (that looks cheap at least in the pic). Bleagh

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I want that jacket a million. Sorry Reedo, your inability to successfully wear that incredibly awesome Plokhov high-neck leather disqualifies you from having an opinion on anything.

10 people like this.
  14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i personally like the fencing jacket a bit more but understand its not as practical..

[​IMG][​IMG]

honestly though i like the collateral concepts for the partiality and its made from horse sourced from horween
    [​IMG]

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

That's p harsh :/

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I wouldn't be forced into this tough love if you would have just grabbed your balls like a fistful of dollars and carried on in the first place! What happened to dying a legend?!

:alien:

just playin'. I do like that CCP tho.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  17. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Some have dollars, some have pennies -- as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be.

And in Canada, we have $2 coins. :teach:

This post is in no way to be construed as a comment on reedo
    [COLOR=FAF9F7]probably[/COLOR]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  18. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Which one have you tried in person? Hide/color combo?

19. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

probably none of them :foo:

1 person likes this.
  20. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

That Plokhov jacket was so cool reedo, part of me still wishes I had bought it from you, but my skinny fat 5'8" frame would have probably not been a good match