1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Some dude with the username "the villain", post was deleted

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

oh i see, well it was indeed a great welcome to SF critique :)

3. Hill

Hill Senior member

What do you guys think of Schott leather jackets?

4. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

They make good stuff (material wise). Not sure about sizing/fit though.

5. einstine

einstine Senior member

Check Schotts website you can browse by category of fit. There leather is alright very thick and stiff, I wouldnt consider any of there jackets fashionable, there more biker-esqe. If you ride and thats your style you'll probably love them, if not and you dont have money to put out for RO. MMM, Julius, CP etc. I would save for one a high quality brand. But if you wouldnt even consider spending 1k + on a jacket I would just buy a cheap one for around $200. Another good option if you have an unlimited amount of patience you could wait 20+ weeks and order a TOJ.

6. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

I have a 641 in horsehide that I got new and a c.80s-90s cowhide perfecto courtesy of eBay. The horsehide I particularly love; breaking it in was a hell of a chore but going on 3 years now it's supremely comfy.

The TLDR I guess is that they both are exceptionally well made and durable, but not at all subtle or delicate in terms of fit and materials compared to softer leathers from the likes of TOJ, RO, or whoever.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  7. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

Stay away from the Schott N.Y.C. diffusion line, produced for the European market (http://www.schott-store.com/fr/3-cuirs) The jackets are cheaper than the mainline jackets, they have less detailing and the quality/construction is very bad. I bought one of their jackets in the sale in a UK store and thought I got a good deal. Back home, I noticed that the leather felt rather cheap. When comparing it to pictures of other Schott jackets online, I saw that it was not the same thing. Also two zippers stopped working after a day. Off course I brought it back.

Even though I like the look of some Schott jackets, my experience put me off this brand. Having a low quality line and not making it clear that it is different from the main line is bad business practice. There are more options in this price range.

8. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

the online schott store gives you an option to order jackets based on your measurements, and i've heard the person that helps with sizing is pretty helpful.

edit, cont.

the perfecto with the more "fashion" fit is the 626, although it is longer. 613 is the classic one star one (worn by marlon brando), which is a bit more cropped and boxy. not sure about the other ones.

9. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

^^ Wow, that's fucking beautiful. Ahhhhhh

10. Irman Hilmi

Irman Hilmi Member

I've had two, a Perfecto 613 and a 626. The 613 is pretty much squarish and boxy, made more for real riding than anything else. I really had an issue with the 'butterfly'-like sleeves, they were cut pretty huge. The leather is tough and takes a while to break into.

The 626 comes from their mid-weight collection. Leather's a bit softer (they say it's made from Icelandic cowhide), and the lining is just flannel compared to padded nylon (?) to the 613/618 etc.

Cutting is still a bit off, you won't get the all slim Saint Laurent or TOJ look for example, definitely more of a classic look.

1 person likes this.
  11. DLester

DLester Senior member

2 people like this.
  12. palma

palma Senior member

lol! what? Ssense still had it in stock and then sold it to you for 30% off? Scroll back either this thread or sale thread and people were talking about why nobody kopped it at 50% off and then not even at 70%. I remember even Aloha Rag let it hit 65%. I remember that jacket exactly and remember people hating the leather so unless you got it dirt cheap it really is not worth it IMO. But, if you like it :slayer:

13. einstine

einstine Senior member

I bought it from yoox for about 60% off retail.

I always wanted a matte leather jacket, and wanted a 5-Zip pretty badly for awhile, so this jacket for me is dream come true. Another plus for me is that its thinner leather, so I could wear it more often. Im sure its not everybodys style when it comes to leather, but cut/fit and look is all that matters to me.

Ill enjoy it. [​IMG]

14. superego

superego Senior member

15. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

16. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

Anyone know what brand and where I might be able to find this jacket?

[​IMG]

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

that's an iron man costume. you can get it at any halloween supply store.

4 people like this.
  18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

19. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

Har har. I was specific in asking about the jacket though.