• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and

I don't know what ppl think of GB but I am a fan

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I should really like this thread based on my interests and passions, but honestly it just makes me sad every time I come in here. :foo:

Raw Selvedge

Reaction score
I don't thnk it's which period of your life, but more the fact that the leathers from 2011 onwards has been mostly awkward.

shady_2001

Reaction score
augusta's prices for clothing is truly obscene...looks like he's having a friendly competition with amadei to see who can force people to overpay more

1k euro for pants, yeah...

milosh

Reaction score

The incarnation stuff is pretty ugly, sad to say. BBS, V-a and m.a.+ are nice. I wonder if I can pinpoint the period of my life where I started finding Julius leathers really awkward.

I tried on a couple of Incarnations last week in Vienna. They are made really well, the leathers are excellent and the hardware is good(actually the salesgirl cut her finger zipping me up). The problem for me is that while the details are nice, all combined they are over the top. I think the simpler pieces are fantastic. There was a picture of a plain black moto earlier in the thread that I'd buy in a heartbeat.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The hardware is just YKK Japan with custom-designed spear pulls from what I saw.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Himel Bros horsehide arrived today. I wanted to get some feedback about the fit before I wear it as once worn cannot be returned. Quick description:

"Kensington cafe racing horsehide shirt. This is Himel Brothers' classic cafe racer jacket. Typically worn for racing or "hill topping" this cafe racer comes lined or unlined for cooler wear. The style is tight fitting and longer to wear over leather racing pants, and the jacket is close fitted tapering at the waist and without the bi-swing back. It has decorative back welts and wind welts covering the front zipper. The leather is brown pigment horsehide. The horsehide is vegetable tanned in Japan for several months using mimosa bark from Austrailia. This is the strongest per weight leather in the world. The zippers are cotton taped 1940s replica zippers from Japan custom made for our jackets. Each jacket is authentically reproduced using the cutting and sewing techniques of the pre 1940s. Each one is hand cut, and sewn using cotton thread top stitching to recreate perfect fitted vintage era jackets that will last a lifetime. Everybody derserves one good thing and this is it! Because the jacket is made with incredible top grain horsehide leather each jacket has its own characteristics and unique quality...every jacket is unique and will take on the shape and character of its wearer! This is a true unlined racing shirt!"

Enough marketing crap. This jacket was made for someone else who then never picked it up. I got it at a discount of about $300-$400 off the usual price. That being said, I wanted to check with you the gods of fit to make sure it before I wear it. To me it seems to fit pretty well although the leather is very thick but soft so I tried to take pictures with my arms down. Excuse the crappy work bathroom pics.

Anyway, shoot away with thoughts and comments:

And an inside shot because I like the fact that this thing is unlined.

]

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fit looks good based on the upside down pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads