• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn, you guys are getting seriously up in arms here- look, gdl's picture, while not incredibly helpful as far as a quality debate goes, is pretty cool. Let's stop arguing about this

:lol: that's funny because he seems to be the one who got mad real quick. I simply stated you can't see much in the pic and dude got all defensive. It's a cool collection pic but just say that and show it off and don't get offended just because someone disagrees or doesn't see what he sees.

I got no hate for GDL, dude is cool but there isn't much to see that pic other than his nice ToJ collection, actually i'd rather see a collection of pics of it being worn because I have no idea which ToJs are in that pic.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that's a clown argument, bro.

now now that's not a nice way to talk

seriously, you can't tell anything about quality from that picture. all you can tell is that TOJ uses thicker leather(which really means nothing, it's all about what you prefer) and TOJ has very neat and clean looking construction.

your second sentence directly contradicts your first sentence, as highlighted.

But seriously, stock photos > your photo.

I am not surprised by your statement.

ah, the good old-fashioned quality debate... :devil:

:embar:

yeah but he should sell all those TOJ and buy another Rick :stirpot:

Actually, if I could only recoup close to what I paid for my Mollino, I'd sell it instantly. But the secondary prices for RO have fallen faster than Facebook's stock

:lol: that's funny because he seems to be the one who got mad real quick. I simply stated you can't see much in the pic and dude got all defensive.

Not what happened. I bring something to the thread (with a mitigating statement to boot), you dismiss it immediately. I respond in a very civil manner explaining again the limitations of the picture but also pointing out why it can be helpful. You dismiss that again completely. Not sure why you feel like you have to be a dick, and repeatedly too. Whatever makes you feel good, I guess...

Let's stop arguing about this

Let's!

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh this is being a dick?

^ ^ ^
Really hard to compare because all you see if the small bit of the jacket and it is difficult to see because the pic is somewhat blurry as well. You can kind of tell the RO looks thinner but there isn't much surprise there really.

I simply said you can't see **** in that pic but admitted you can tell the difference in the leather thickness. But you continue to talk about the stitching and gussets in a semi blurry photo so how is one to determine that?

I responded to that reply of your with this and that is also being a dick?

Agreed but your pic doesn't help much. The untrained eye probably can't even tell which one is the RO jacket. :lol:

I agreed that people discount the quality difference in your post but again I just stated what I can and cannot see and if you don't know Rick Owens, you won't be able to tell which one it is. I own ToJ and RO jackets and had to do a double take.

And I'm being a dick because I prefer stock photos that show off the jacket than the not so clear shoulder pic of yours?

Ok that last staement was a bit dick-ish but get over it, it's a cool photo of your collection but doesn't show the quality difference. You brought a discussion and I though we were having a discussion, I just happen to disagree, not necessarily dismissing it but I just simply do not see what you are talking about in that pic other than the leather thickness which I already acknowledged.

Last edited:

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your second sentence directly contradicts your first sentence, as highlighted.

thickness != quality.

and construction != quality, ESPECIALLY when we are talking about what the construction LOOKS like.

I can barely figure out whether you're being serious or not because you are being so ridiculous. I'll stop wasting my time now, I have an important solitaire game waiting

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the feeling about chronicles of never leather jackets?

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thickness != quality.
and construction != quality, ESPECIALLY when we are talking about what the construction LOOKS like.
I can barely figure out whether you're being serious or not because you are being so ridiculous. I'll stop wasting my time now, I have an important solitaire game waiting

Actually, I would imagine the material they used = quality also, which possibly pertains to thickness.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually, I would imagine the material they used = quality also, which possibly pertains to thickness.

Not always. My lamb ToJ isn't the thickest but it holds up really well, which is about as nice as one of my lamb ROs. I do have other thinner lamb RO that is not as good as the ToJ but that is the reality of current RO and I don't think anyone is denying that.

But as far as thickness goes, I've handled Wilsons Leather lamb that felt thicker than ToJs but it's not as buttery or soft and it looks terrible, almost plastic-like.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they feel like soft leather paper.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Himel Brothers Kensington Cafe. Anyone have experience with this jacket?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i know, just making dumb joke. I kinda like that Balenciaga rider interpretation except for the short stand-up collar. the minimalist design is my cup of tea.

That is a great jacket. I am trying to justify getting the one that is all leather except for wool on the collar (shown a few pages back). I don't think I could pull off the one Usher has on but maybe.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ^ ^
I am really hoping I could catch it on sale at MrP but not being a founding member sucks, it pretty much kills any chance I have.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We will just spam andrewgreg to buy them all for us.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads