• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

its actually .2"
Let's get this straight, you can't just divide cm's by 2 and get inches. It's 2.54cm=1in
I was selling some Junya jeans one time and I had all the measurements in cm. The leg opening was like 19.5cms and I cant tell you how many idiots PMd me asking how these slim jeans could have a 9" leg opening...

.4" :foo:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading through that thread it actually looks like the results vary, from a tiny bit of shrinkage or no shrinkage to a full size or two. Not something I'm anxious to try unless I get really stuck with the thing, though?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Last one's via blackbird.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hey but you got it for cheap right so it doesn't matter i mean who cares if it doesn't fit properly

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
KJ, there's no chance you can shrink yours as much as you would need for it to look good. In order of precedence, you should:

1. Flip it for profit
2. Return it if possible
3. Sell it for marginal loss
4. Cut it up into pieces and practice your leatherworking skills
5. Give it to a homeless man on the street
6. Toss it in the garbage
7. Shrink it only to realize it still doesn't fit.

Sorry man. This one's a lost cause.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KJ, there's no chance you can shrink yours as much as you would need for it to look good. In order of precedence, you should:
1. Flip it for profit
2. Return it if possible
3. Sell it for marginal loss
4. Cut it up into pieces and practice your leatherworking skills
5. Give it to a homeless man on the street
6. Toss it in the garbage
7. Shrink it only to realize it still doesn't fit.
Sorry man. This one's a lost cause.

Yeah no worries I came to that conclusion about three seconds after making my original post, I just think the whole idea is sorta cool so posted the info for anyone interested

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

.4" :foo:

are we talking about the same thing? armpit went from 53-52.5cm
edit:
nvm I see circumference now

edit2:
but still if the chest was 53cm the circumference was 166.42 and if the chest shrank to 52.5 then the circumference is 164.85. Giving 1.57 cm circumference shrink or .6" so its over half an inch. :nodding:

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

edit2:
but still if the chest was 53cm the circumference was 166.42 and if the chest shrank to 52.5 then the circumference is 164.85. Giving 1.57 cm circumference shrink or .6" so its over half an inch. :nodding:

It may be time for you to put away the calculator :uhoh:

Think about how you take a pit to pit measurement, and it's relationship to the circumference of the piece. Unless you're suggesting that the jacket was cut for someone with a 60+" chest...

edit - Well I see you just had this cleared up :)

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didn't lane wash bus berger or whatever to positive results? I dunno...my skin only shrinks if I pop in the dyer after a shower. I don't recommend...

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

didn't lane wash bus berger or whatever to positive results? I dunno...my skin only shrinks if I pop in the dyer after a shower. I don't recommend...

what is new screen name of lane? i always get confused.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wish i never sold mine

Oiled calf stooges is drool-worthy.
Not even sure if it's authentic, kind of wary of that zipper (looks shorter than usual) but damn I'd love to own one.
a4aoat.jpg

261gaxx.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wonder if thats the one kunk was getting. same leather as my intarsia. cool texture.

i got it and plasti dipped the silver buttons black

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads