• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johanm

Reaction score

Plokhov
dea2r.png

1jkj07.png

Tried on this jacket at Barneys. The leather is a bad ass heavy duty matte calf, one of the best jacket leathers I've ever felt.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
looks like a Riri or Lampo zipper on there.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oiled calf stooges is drool-worthy.
Not even sure if it's authentic, kind of wary of that zipper (looks shorter than usual) but damn I'd love to own one.
a4aoat.jpg

261gaxx.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which leather type stooges did you try on?

The oiled calf isn't really the stiffest but it is thick and it does feel weird and awkward to wear until it fully mold to your body so I could imagine that looking weird trying on but the lamb stooges molds to the body almost instantly, it's just very soft and pliable.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried an oiled calf and a (full-grain?) lamb. sleeves were stupid long obviously but body was too long and had extreme taper. like the chest and midsection would be fine and then at the hem it would be super tight. i have a pretty decent drop too, not shaped like a pear.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about right when it comes to ROs taper, the front does tend to be much longer than the back especially once zipped up and on the stooges, it might even be the extreme cut in comparison to the other ROs.

My stooges are actually XS and the main reason I kept it even though most think it was too small was because the sleeves was actually just about perfect on me. The sleeves on my oiled calf mollino is ridiculous and it being thick as hell doesn't help. At least the intarsia has ribbed sleeves that helps keep the sleeves in place.

tellure

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with or seen pics of RO leathers with the sleeves altered? I kinda like some of their designs but the crazy long sleeves kill it for me. Seems like it should be possible to have 'em shortened from the shoulder end.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm willing to try a jacket from MA+ something like this.

and pair with this

Kinky, but seriously I really do want to own a pair of leather pants haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads