1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior Member

I do like the collar on the Balenciaga but i'm partial to brown when it comes to leathers. I only saw that one on the Mr. Porter website so I can't speak of how it feels, just that it looks cool. I'm sure Balmain probably has some solid options too.

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

I think brown looks better in the more classic styles, except some of the biker jackets. I wouldn't get a Rick jacket in brown for sure, and I think the DRs look weird (though the whiskey one aeglus had was cool). I'd wear a brown bomber for sure.

How do you guys feel about grey?

3. VLSI

VLSI Distinguished Member

Balenciaga one there is nice :nodding:

4. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

I like grey leathers, I actually got a grey suede ToJ MDR.

I also like my brown Rick, it isn't your typical brown smooth leather, it is usually distressed or has a texture of being dusty or worn. I love it though not the most versatile when it comes to brown leathers.
    [​IMG]

That YSL is nice though and it fits me nicely. If my size ever hits the 50% off mark, it'll be insta-copped.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

5. private eyes

private eyes Senior Member

Mine can't compete with these 3,000 dollar jackets , but heres mine that I wear on occasion. Its a original 60's Brooks motorcycle jacket , with removable quilted liner. Talon brand zippers , suede behind the zipper.

Also, that Acme is cut short because when you're on a motorcycle, if the jacket goes past the waist it'll bunch up and be uncomfortable.
    Sorry, its really hard getting a good fit pic.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Cross posted. I have about a half dozen leather jackets that actually see a lot of use as motorcycle jackets, but this one is probably the best of them. Leather is just in a class all of its own. BTW, that's a nice Brooks jacket up top, I'd wear that in a heartbeat.

[​IMG]

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

^i like the fit

10. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Distinguished Member

a friend bought last season rick distressed leather jacket and i have to say the leather is, paper like.

Regarding that brown YSL, I had the black version last f/w it's not thin and the leather is very nice. The brown one looks thin.

I do like that balenciaga. IMO their baffalo leather is on par with margiela 5 zip leather quality, which is not great, just OK.

11. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior Member

I honestly can't tell a single difference between the black from last season and the brown one they have now. They changed the color and the tagging inside and still charge almost five grand for it. Kind of bush league if you ask me.

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

hope they make an obama league one next season

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Distinguished Member

I currently am in love with this jacket over at SZ

[​IMG]

14. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior Member

I see what you did there Breezy, well played. If they do, depending on if you're poor enough, he might give you a free or government subsidized one.