1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. stick

stick Senior Member

I have the original 5-zip from F/W 1999. Size 48, 19" shoulder, 21" chest, 19" hem. Sleeves are over 8" at bicep. Boxy and awesome.

2. chaos

chaos Senior Member

I have a newer season one, I think from s/s '10 in kangaroo leather. it's not boxy, it's pretty slim actually. i'm usually a 46 but i bought it in 48 and it fits perfect (imo).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

first one is great

c'mon man don't treat me like a noob, obviously that is the first thing to do but as i mentioned previously i decided to get a TOJ for now, i felt like it was better value atm, its not a finding issue its a cash issue, i prefer to keep things under 1k

4. hoozah

hoozah Distinguished Member

I like the second one best. Has a very clean look.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

The black bovine is actually that caugh tmy interest, just a simple black leather w/o the distressing or extra details with regular zippers instead of the blacked out version from a season ago.

Thanks for the pic, fit looks good.

6. hoozah

hoozah Distinguished Member

that's the one I meant. I had all 3 pictures open haha.

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

xpost from TOJ thread

impolyt_one:
    if you could see my MMM leather in person, this question is not even a question - the jacket looks cool because it's been worn to death for almost 12 years, but it's not high quality. The MMM calf is about one to one with the TOJ stuff on the topside finish though I might be edging the MMM out a bit, it's hard to tell since there isn't an unwrinkled spot on my MMM anywhere (our calf is near flawless in the hide and we pay a huge premium for that) but the MMM is very thin for calf, not even 3oz, more like 2oz (about 0.6-8mm, it's really quite thin), the lining is cheap cotton+viscose (that has gaping holes all over, and I have to stuff the strands of sleeve lining back into the sleeves), all the seams around the zippers and placket are just sewn and then excess edges are cut - when the seams break away from the stitching there's nothing to do about repairing it cleanly that way.

The jacket is missing the little flashing details of leather that 'hide' the zips like on my TOJ jackets, etc, and the folded over/sewn seams. The MRS zippers are nice on the MMM, but pound for pound the YKK Japans are about as good functionally - which is why MMM themselves moved to the same YKK zips later on. If you ever look at the Junya X Vanson leathers, you see they use the same exact front zip as we do. It's the same part in a bright finish.[/quote]

this is what i keep hearing about MMM :confused:

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

so don't buy one then man. people obsess over quality too much - that jacket he has is 12 years old, what more do you want?

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

people on sf obsess over quality..... never

10. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

It's a limited edition of the same jacket, sans patches. The limited edition was only like 32 pieces or something (and I share cyc's discomfort with wearing the unit patch as a fashion item), but I'm not sure if the base design was only for one season or produced a couple of times. It's the same jacket I'm selling on B&S/in my sig.

[​IMG]/ulr]

11. sparrow6428

sparrow6428 New Member

Does anyone know where to get this exact kind of jacket?

[​IMG]

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

Wait, bovine? What the hell is that? Are they just calling their distressed calf "calf" and their undistressed calf "bovine"?

13. Raindrop

Raindrop Distinguished Member

I believe they're medium-large sized cattle & buffalos.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012

14. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

^ ^ ^
    Yeah I believe bovine is suppose to be ox or something.

Also...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

i guess, but could be a number of things, i chose to let that one go

looks like she is from a motley crue video