STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.
what about that Vis Elmendorf Horween horsehide - pricetag is supposed to be 400,000yens ?!?
fuck, that is expensive.
I copped a horsehide jacket last week:
x-post from baller boot thread, i like these looks and the leather jackets (and boots) associated with them
from atelier ny
Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler!
"1. What do you do? Technology Director at Women’s Wear Daily / Conde Nast Publications
2. What item could you not live without? Carol Christian Poell boots that I’ve been rocking since ’05/06. I go from my motorcycle right to work and back in them, nothing else holds up.
3. How would you describe your style? Motorcycle friendly; if I can’t ride my bike in it, I can’t wear it.
4. What are you wearing right now? Carol Christian Poell bison high neck leather jacket, Shaun Leane necklace, Julius tank top, Nicholas Andreas Taralis jeans, and Carol Christian Poell boots"
Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler!
"What are you wearing right now? Carol Christian Poell kangaroo leather jacket with arthrosic elbow and knuckle, diver hooded top with arthrosic elbow, dead-end jeans, diverging belt, and Guidi bison leather high lace boot."
of course you're paying mostly for name, fit and design. however about 5000 usd is a lot of money for what you get back, isn't it? but then again who I am to judge? just buy it if you can afford and appreciate it.
is that SF member Abraxis on the bike? Guy has a nice ride and clothes, but I really wish he wouldn't do his hair and facial hair that way... Looks more like the kind of guy to wear Wranglers and a cowboy hat.
abraxis is from sf bay area, the guy in pic is 99% from NYC
About that $5000 Ann jacket, it may very well be one of those barely went into production items (and which are usually made in home). Her leathers are usually cheaper.
DVN made this green pony leather jacket in 2009 that was produced in only two pieces. A size 50 for the belgian store, and a size 48 for an asian store. It's still one of my grails.
green pony leather jacket sounds nice. I guess it's for reason but DVN leathers are barely talked about at all. not something he is known for. my favorite designer of all time.
Look, some people read these threads and take the info they read as valid, including the stupid shit every dude here who has never seen these pieces say. Good info gets lost in a sea of bad info.
1) fragile doesn't mean good or bad quality. For example Ann D knits are fragile because they're made from a thin, gauzy material. They don't break up in a weird way or anything, it's just that they're pretty much the reverse of work clothes. Lanvin has a lot of garments like that.
2) No one is asking you to buy the 5K leather, in fact I refuse to pay 5K for leathers myself and I recently added a Margiela (already have three ricks).
Does anyone have better pics of this? Margiela FW '11 apparently.
Awesome hybrid creation from apc:
Very reminiscent of ToJ MDR variants (UMDR, artishard rider)
Yes, though at over $1300, I doubt its better leather and quality than toj.
The small rounded collars make it look like a simple hybrid between a dr and a cm. Sleeves are banded but nothing else. One piece back. So simple. So sick.
Separate names with a comma.