• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no Ann D quality sucks just as much ass as rick

modalsaliency

Reaction score
Devoa has quietly been my favorite label for a few years now, and these days Nishida has started coming out with a leather or two every season pretty regularly. It appeals to my minimalist fetish and he's also one of the few designers to use Guidi hides for outerwear (Incarnation and occasionally Layer-0 being the others). I went ahead and preordered this lined jacket/blazer from the forthcoming A/W 12 drop:

:inlove:

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There's no reason for a lambskin jacket like that to show up at $5,000. If it were $3,000, I might scoff and bit and chalk it up to the fact that it's Ann D, but at 5 stacks, good lord...

I'm surprised you're still surprised at the pricing for these designer pieces.

no Ann D quality sucks just as much ass as rick

In comparison to recent Ricks, no ******* way it is that bad.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't afford to step inside the Ann D store, will never even get to find out. The sneakers are like $1500 here probably, by now. I remember back in the good old days when they were like $400.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can't afford to step inside the Ann D store, will never even get to find out. The sneakers are like $1500 here probably, by now. I remember back in the good old days when they were like $400.

Man I remember when the Jordan XVII came out and was priced $200 back in 2002 and I thought that was insane for a pair of sneakers. I thought it was cool because it came in a briefcase though but damn I was going crazy trying save up to get a pair. Now $200 on a pair of sneakers I like seems like a bargain, damn SF conditioning.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah i remember those too, thought the CD ROM was fluff because i had been ballin with a DVD drive for a few years already. Didn't think about the hood. lol.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're basically paying for the fit/design anyways. If you want quality/durability, there's a lot of ~$500 horsehide leather jackets out there.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, shut your trap if you don't know ****. Her leathers in particular are pretty well-made.

her leathers are good, mostly the old ones ive read. I wasn't commenting on just the leathers, but in general from my experience things fall apart in the same frequency as rick ****. I just returned a pair of her boots cuz a hole developed in 2 weeks. Also, a lot of her shirts falls apart in your hands. I know you're suppose to somehow be all knowin though, but I don't give a **** cuz I like to go by what happens when I buy ****.

even if im wrong, 5k? LMAO youre paying for the name straight up

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

her leathers are good, mostly the old ones ive read. I wasn't commenting on just the leathers, but in general from my experience things fall apart in the same frequency as rick ****. I just returned a pair of her boots cuz a hole developed in 2 weeks. Also, a lot of her shirts falls apart in your hands. I know you're suppose to somehow be all knowin though, but I don't give a **** cuz I like to go by what happens when I buy ****.
even if im wrong, 5k? LMAO youre paying for the name straight up

at 5k just get CCP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads