1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

JD - looks fantastic and fit is great. Any more details on the jacket?

+1, details please
    It's Yigal Azrouel from the first FW season. The leather is really nice, and thick; it's a verrrry heavy jacket. It has wool knit cuffs and waistband as visible there, but also on the back of the arms. It's lined obviously, but it also has an button-in insulated vest thing as well for added warmth. The fleece thing on the collar is detachable. I like it fully zipped with the collar up like that. I'll get some extra pics posted later.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

3. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The awesomeness of this jacket is a bit overwhelming.

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

That has to be one of the nicest buys I've seen on here in a while JD. Color is great, fit is near perfect, and I like the styling. (usually picky on leathers) Also, just for the hell of it: [​IMG]

5. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

JD, given the awesome fit of that jacket, I never would have guessed that it had such thick lining. Great find.

6. gtu2004

gtu2004 Well-Known Member

I don't own this one but does anyone know where to get it?
    [​IMG]

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

JD, given the awesome fit of that jacket, I never would have guessed that it had such thick lining. Great find.
    Well, it somehow manages to look relatively low-volume, but I can definitely tell when I'm wearing it because it does have that feeling of wearing a leather breastplate.
    [​IMG]
    More than willing to make that sacrifice to keep warm. If I can find a decent balaclava I'll be set.

8. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

^ would cop w/ batman nipple outlines

9. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

the blackscissors jacket has arrived. my only gripe is that is perhaps a teeny bit too long but then again i am a skinny/small guy.. so. pretty impressed, leather is great quality. it is relatively warm as well.. especially with the very thick cuffs at the sleeves and bottom of jacket. the red is very flashy. tell me what you guys think.. [​IMG]

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

It's really hard to judge the fit on that from that picture, get someone to take a pic of you outside from a reasonable distance in good light. The spot you're pointing to makes it look like it's bulging there but it could just be you leaning over the counter.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

does not look good at all imo fit or leather wise. pretty rough pic so a better one might change my mind but i dunno

12. the shah

the shah Senior member

my guess is saying "blackscissors" was the gorilla wrench in the works
    need a better pic for sure

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

blackscissors = great quality leather? Does not compute

--- needs better fit pic

14. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

Well I'd say the leather is pretty nice. It is very "potent" lol. What I should have said is good for the money, you have to see/feel it in person. Their photos are deceiving.
    The bulge is probably from my wallet/cell-phone being in that pocket. I was pointing/holding the flap up to show the red.. there is a pocket under the jacket there that could be 'creating a buldge.' Ps never said bulge so many times in a post and have it not be dirty.
    To be fair I am a fairly skinny guy, 5'8 125 lbs. The jacket is an XS. And it was taken on a cell phone. Will take better pix later on

15. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

i just got my BS jacket and the leather is pretty nice for the price. i took it to the tailor to get the sleeves and body length shorted. will take pics when i get it back.

16. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

what style did you buy?? Was thinking about possibly shortening the length of mine but I kind of like that it could even be a medium winter jacket with a hoody under it.. dont want it too fitted.

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

if it's possible to get that jacket shortened kvnknrd, i would definitely do it. probably 2 inches or more.

18. BIGBERTHA

BIGBERTHA Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in buying my Schott 740N leather navy pea jacket? I think it is a little big on me. Size 38. [​IMG]

19. nerazzurrri

nerazzurrri Well-Known Member

This is my jacket, I might be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

20. otc

otc Senior member

Anyone interested in buying my Schott 740N leather navy pea jacket? I think it is a little big on me. Size 38.
    [​IMG]

That thing is hideous

get it out of the "best you've seen" thread