1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. mboon85

mboon85 Well-Known Member

what do you guys think of this? its on p&b

[​IMG]

2. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

^ thanks synth. I'll check out the TOJ thread. I like the fur collar with the elastic cuffs, the A2 is probably a good call. ideally a leather that's not too heavy or thick.

3. bored

bored Member

A2 is awesome as well as CWU and older TOJ bomber style jackets but isn't wearing fur in California a bit weird?

some cool bombers that are on yoox atm

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

well, the jacket would really look a lot better if you didn't wear your jeans so low. maybe the reason why bradt is saying it looks too short? personally i think it looks really nice, but i think it gets thrown off w the way your jeans are worn

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

Hah, the pants are like too sizes too big on me (33) and falling off, and that shirt is too short. Basically a fail outfit that I just threw the jacket over. I took a better pic today:

[​IMG]

Shirt's still kinda short but that's irrelevant. I'm leaning towards keeping the jacket tbh, looks really sleek in person without being in-your-face leather, its just expensive even at yoox price so I'm sure I'll go back and forth for weeks. I tried it on with a knit and an oxford and both looked really good (though the oxford stuck out the bottom a little more than I'd like), so you can pretty much wear it with anything which is a huge plus.

6. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

i think it looks ok, but why dont you post a zipped fit again? Honestly, I don't dig it, but I really hate bomber leathers so I don't want to dissuade you. I think its boring and nothing particularly draws me towards it. Maybe, its cuz you don't want it to be too aggressive, but I think a decent rider can be that without being all up in your shit.

Last edited: May 11, 2012

7. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

it looks like a wall of leather when zipped. nothing visually interesting going on.

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

Honestly looking at photos I think I'd agree with you Lane, but it doesn't look boring in person - it's really flashy, although I guess part of that might be the shine? which will go away. The Rick bomber I had was boring in person. I don't know how often I'd wear it like this but here it is zipped (I swear my jeans aren't nearly as tight as they look here):

[​IMG]

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

The collar is too stumpy and short compared to the ribbing, I think. The shape is pretty blah too, I guess. It doesn't look like it's worth the designer premium, in my eyes.

10. Swiss

Swiss Senior Member

Any idea where that jacket is from? Google search failed.

11. chomeo

chomeo Senior Member

12. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

that shit cray

13. hoozah

hoozah Distinguished Member

in the perfect world, I'd have that jacket and that bike.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

I'll second this and say that you should return and find a more avant garde leather that suits your other wardrobe pieces.

The leather is pretty uninspirational. How much did you pay again? I think you should just get yourself measured and pick up a minimalist moto, or a 2-zip moto, or UMDR etc.

Last edited: May 11, 2012

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

it's bad, looks like what a train commuter wears to a billy joel concert