Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I'm not a huge fan of RO leathers, they seem to retail for about double what they should cost, and ribbed cuffs go totally against my idea of what a leather jacket should be (I say this after owning one, and getting very annoyed at the cuffs). The zippers aren't the best, some of the stitching is suspect, and the leather isn't as thick or substantial as something like Julius.. Not bad by any means, but this one still had its 300,000 yen price tag attached, which is absolutely absurd, and about triple what it should retail for. That said, I hate the raglan shoulders and aggresive darting on Julius leathers, which make me look too feminine, especially with slim pants. Was thinking very hard about getting a ToJ with longer sleeves, but I found this for about $150 more than I would have paid for a ToJ, and I didn't want to try to recreate another designer's jacket. Here's one more in proper lighting (sorry camera is still broken!!) [​IMG]

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

so is that julius?

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, i know what you mean about RO leathers. I'm always a lot less impressed in person though they look cool. That one in particular is really great looking though.

BTW, the band of outsiders for barneys leather looks and feels a lot better in person than online photos. Probably the perfect leather for people devoted to the nuovo-prep youth kinda look. Really nice.

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Oh, sorry, no, it's Rick Owens Stooges jacket I don't mean to clog this thread with pictures of myself, but it's always interesting (at least to me) to see how these jackets fit on real people rather than models, so here is the jacket I was considering for a loong time, until I decided that while I love the actual jacket, it simply wouldn't work with my body type or wardrobe. The quality, though, is simply beyond that of the Rick. This is also most likely a size too large, as well Julius jut-neck FW08-09 (ignore the girl in the background) [​IMG]

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Yea, i know what you mean about RO leathers. I'm always a lot less impressed in person though they look cool. That one in particular is really great looking though.

BTW, the band of outsiders for barneys leather looks and feels a lot better in person than online photos. Probably the perfect leather for people devoted to the nuovo-prep youth kinda look. Really nice.

Agreeing on the band leather, it was pretty nice.

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

While I'm posting here, this is one more jacket I really like, except for the lack of epaulets, visible snaps (which don't snap to anything in some models!!!), and the buckle things at the sides Has very long, slim arms, though I wish the body was more cropped It's Attachment, I believe it gets made in different materials/colors every season, though I may be wrong [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

Where did you find that jut neck? I am so pissed that a slept on that when blackbird had it last winter.

Oh, sorry, no, it's Rick Owens Stooges jacket

I don't mean to clog this thread with pictures of myself, but it's always interesting (at least to me) to see how these jackets fit on real people rather than models, so here is the jacket I was considering for a loong time, until I decided that while I love the actual jacket, it simply wouldn't work with my body type or wardrobe. The quality, though, is simply beyond that of the Rick.

This is also most likely a size too large, as well
    Julius jut-neck FW08-09

(ignore the girl in the background)
    [​IMG]

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

beautiful NicelyNice. However you are making this happen as a college student please tell me.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

stooges jacket is the tits

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Where did you find that jut neck? I am so pissed that a slept on that when blackbird had it last winter.
    There's a ton on Yahoo auctions, they rarely go for over 120,000 yen, sometimes not even 100,000 http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b109096399 Hell, here's a size two moto that's been worn three times for 70,000 yen http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r63247688 Try searching レザー (leather) or ライダース (riders) in the Julius category: http://list2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...ml?alocale=0jp
    beautiful NicelyNice. However you are making this happen as a college student please tell me.
    Full scholarship + took two years off to work and save for law school (which I decided not to do for the time being...) + always worked part-time at least 15-20 hours a week + sell old clothes to buy new clothes (mainly this)

11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Thinking about a Belstaff Brooklands, although some of the Aero's look pretty good. The Lewis posted earlier also looked promising because of the quilted shoulders.

[​IMG]

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I'm not a huge fan of RO leathers, they seem to retail for about double what they should cost, and ribbed cuffs go totally against my idea of what a leather jacket should be (I say this after owning one, and getting very annoyed at the cuffs). The zippers aren't the best, some of the stitching is suspect, and the leather isn't as thick or substantial as something like Julius.. Not bad by any means, but this one still had its 300,000 yen price tag attached, which is absolutely absurd, and about triple what it should retail for.

That said, I hate the raglan shoulders and aggresive darting on Julius leathers, which make me look too feminine, especially with slim pants. Was thinking very hard about getting a ToJ with longer sleeves, but I found this for about $150 more than I would have paid for a ToJ, and I didn't want to try to recreate another designer's jacket.

Here's one more in proper lighting (sorry camera is still broken!!)
    [​IMG]

Same jacket:
    [​IMG]

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Your fit pics were honestly a huge decision in buying this jacket, found your lookbook and stalked through it [​IMG] So thank you, heh, more than happy with it

14. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Great pics all around. Btw, anyone every bought a RO from this eBay seller?

15. skeen

skeen Well-Known Member

Wow, some hardcore jackets here! This is my one and only:

[​IMG]