• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
The "Swingin' on a Star" jacket is the best, mostly because it reminds me of Hudson Hawk, which is probably my all-time favorite Bruce Willis/Danny Aiello singing action/heist/comedy.

bob99

Reaction score
Awwwwwwwww yeah!

I just got the Margiela 5-zip in horse leather, with the black zippers, size 40 (EU 50) off Yoox.

This is the damn jacket that I've been waiting for my entire life.

You crazy for this one, Yoox!

dnna1

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at that a while ago but I believe the zips aren't actually there just imprinted in the leather. Still cool though I would just want an actual zipper

bob99

Reaction score
They had both up, the one without the zippers (which MMM calls "high frequency") but this is the legitimate working zipper model.

EDIT:

Photo of "High Frequency" (covered zippers)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They had both up, the one without the zippers (which MMM calls "high frequency") but this is the legitimate working zipper model.
EDIT:
Photo of "High Frequency" (covered zippers)

could I ask where you purchased the 5-zip jacket? love it. I was looking at the yoox version but i wants teh zippers

Last edited:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwww yeah!
I just got the Margiela 5-zip in horse leather, with the black zippers, size 40 (EU 50) off Yoox.
This is the damn jacket that I've been waiting for my entire life.
You crazy for this one, Yoox!

Price? Should be 1400-1600 something?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this looks like a yoox pic. cant find this jacket on the site though

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that thing is horrible

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im sure somone will pick it up for 80% off at the end of the season. post pics if you do. :slayer:

bob99

Reaction score
The zip version was $1425 on Yoox. I was on the fence about picking it up at retail ($2165) so I'm a fan of this yoox sale.

Unfortunately for zip lovers, the one with zippers is already sold out on the site :(

There's no doubt that the covered zippers are wack.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that thing look like a paper thin pleather jacket you could pick up at H&M?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol at the knives coming out for Margiela over nothing

How does a trompe l'oeil zipper get a dozen people upset?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is it just me or does that thing look like a paper thin pleather jacket you could pick up at H&M?

MMM 5-zip jacket leather can be rather substantial. Nice to handle a jacket not made from sheepskin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads