1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. dnna1

dnna1 Senior Member

Sometimes when I am wearing it if I listen really hard I can still hear the screams

2. james_timothy

james_timothy Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

have you ever heard of veal?

4. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

This is good advice from the Fuuma. Something I should follow more often.

5. aether

aether Distinguished Member

ah yes, there you go Uncontrol! i mix up veal and venison sometimes.

6. chomeo

chomeo Senior Member

Dnna1 - that looks real good. How's the fit?

7. Nereis

Nereis Distinguished Member

I always took context (am I somewhere where I'm going to look out-of-place in a dumb way if I wear this), connotations (who else would likely wear something like this) and proportions/colour coordinating as a given. But sometimes we get too carried away with grail-pieces to look back to see the forest rather than the trees.

8. dnna1

dnna1 Senior Member

Very good was tight especially in the arms but after a couple days of wearing it has stretched nicely and now fits like a glove.

9. kasakka

kasakka Senior Member

Got a TOJ and a Jofama moto. Jofama is decent quality, obviously not comparable to TOJ but you wouldn't run into any real problems with the Jofama either. I could've gotten the TOJ moto but I preferred the much busier style of the Jofama. Nice slim fit too at least on the particular model I've got. Looks better than those 2000 dollar rumpled, caveman stitched sausage wrappers this thread is filled with if you ask me. Don't really care for any of the current models visible on Jofama's website though.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm not a ToJ fanboy (I have exactly one jacket from Drew), but if you honestly, you are not going to do much better for the money. Everything else vacillates between very beautiful and boring, and very trendy/poor quality. There are a few brands who, imo, manage to hit fashionable with with quality. Brands like Schott and Vanson are great if you can find a jacket that fits great, but it's not something you can bet on. Drew's offerings are much broader.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It is what I called the UMDR (ultra minimalist double rider). It is a modified version of TOJ's MDR, or a modified version of TOJ's VTG DR depending on how you look at it.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

Cheers - it was this one I was toying with:

[​IMG]

13. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior Member

Jacket is great dnna1, would like to see a fit both as is and with the outer removed. Curious as to what the inner layer looks like by itself.

14. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior Member

brand?? kinda looks balmain-y all blinged out but its probably an unknown designer or something
    http://imgur.com/a/BF6sy

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

15. dnna1

dnna1 Senior Member

Ask and you shall recieve. Hard to get a decent shot these were the best I could do. Was super tight at first but has stretched somewhat. Definitely still on the small side but that is what I was aiming for since my Rick leather is on the big side. Now I have a choice of a more fitted and more drapey leather. Although obviously the Rick is not even in the same league as this one quality wise. Anyway, I am done with outerwear for this season, have way to much already considering I can only wear it like 2 to 3 months out of the year in AZ lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Usually wear it with the leather layer unzipped and the jersey layer either all the way zipped up or 3/4 zipped. Here is a terribly blurry shot of just the jersey layer by itself:
    [​IMG]