• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just wanted to show you can wear Rick outside of "Rick" situations. I don't wear Chinos, but I wear it with BoO and blue jeans or whatever

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
honestly, rick goes really well with rick and thats about it.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How nasty are Jofama's jackets? I'm not sure I'd wear a leather that often so don't want to drop too much cash, but I'm semi-tempted.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
dude, Man of Kent, people recommend each other brands ranging from ToJ, Aero, to Rick in this thread - if there was anybody who should get an Aero, it's you. It's gonna fit your frame well, match with your wardrobe, be of the right weight and detailing to really look right, and it's a brand from your part of the world....

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
^ +1, but Aeros are 350-500 pounds, and MoK seems like he doesn't want to drop that kind of coin on something he may not wear often. Leather used by Aero, LW, Goodwear, etc. needs to be worn daily/almost daily to feel and look right.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i see that I guess, but I checked out Jofama, never even heard of it before, but they're all pretty nasty looking and overdetailed, and from the styles I saw, MoK wearing one of them would look worse than the Rick Intarsia over chinos and Aldens. I would think if he bought something like that as an experiment it might turn him off leather jackets for good, whereas if he got something that really meshed with his style he'd find his niche... I can see it working nicely.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i see that I guess, but I checked out Jofama, never even heard of it before, but they're all pretty nasty looking and overdetailed, and from the styles I saw, MoK wearing one of them would look worse than the Rick Intarsia over chinos and Aldens. I would think if he bought something like that as an experiment it might turn him off leather jackets for good, whereas if he got something that really meshed with his style he'd find his niche... I can see it working nicely.

Thanks (and Moo) - yes comparing the Aero stuff with the Jofama there's no contest. I probably need to think about how much wear I would give one and not go cheap if I decide it's enough...

Last edited:

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MY6AG.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Kunk has a shaved head, a really prominent forehead, and superlong arms. He reminds me of Caliban x Rick Owens (the man). He also doesn't seem to have jacked legs. His body shape is wierd enough to pull off Rick, but even there, I think that he'd look better in other designers.

Having met Mr. Kunk I can say that now that he's lost some muscle mass he wears RO very well. Problem with his picture is they're taken at a weird angle and don't show he's quite tall.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Dude.....

WTF, did the guy re-do his entire wardrobe? Even then it's more like a shopping addiction...

I understand when people get a lot of pieces because they're, say stylists or designers or whatever and they archive, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Rule 23 of the Fuuma guide to dressing well: don't buy too much stuff or you'll end up being barbies with her 10,000 costumes. Am I a lumberjack today or a WWII pilot or a ninja assassin?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this one a lot right now

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

I can somewhat relate to Namor. Ever since I joined this forum, I've pretty much completely reworked my wardrobe, albeit having a good paying job does help in the process. Prior to joining the forum, I've never heard of any of these obscure brands (sans the ones that are sold at Barney's). I pretty much follow the same philosophy...if I like it and I have the means to buy it, I will do it.
I bet Namor gets compliments in real life if he were to wear RO leathers with Aldens and such though. It seems like he just buys stuff because he likes the look and the it's affordable to him. He's not some broke college kid who's saving up pennies to make a big purchase and feels that one needs to know the complete background of the brand and all yada yada before buying.

This is dumb, very dumb. You need to think a little about how a certain item fits with other stuff you own. You do this through two main dimensions:

1) Connotations: you categorize it so you know what it makes you and other people think of. It will never be the exact same thing but you want to identify a certain area.
2) Physical characteristics: is it a leather or what, what ae its proportions, how does it go with my body and other articles of clothing.

If you don't do that (it doesn't need to be a formal exercise) chances are you dress like ****.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's cool, gdl. Very minimal. so, no snaps on the lapels, no breast zip pocket. what else is gone from the regular DR?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads