Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Right. That's the sartorial world I live in. Wool slacks and dress shoes. Just trying to expand, reshape it with some RO.

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

If you're into this fashion thing, IMO that's the best route, man. Just be fit and lean, ie Beckham or Tatum. This is why I'm still a stick more or less. If you're relatively cut up, clothes are going to be hard to fit you off the rack and certain brands will definitely not work.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Im 6'3", have large shoulders and a trim waist. Atleast I did 2 months ago. Im not saying I'll looke that much better but this gives me an incentive to work out. Or maybe ill go the way of the kunk and shave my head and look like im gonna kill you

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I think his point is that your budget for a jacket, based on your shoe purchases, should be infinite.

I don't think the RO looks bad because of your body -- it looks bad because it doesn't mesh with your style at all.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Schott is great, just don't really offer a fit I'm after. I've tried on a lot of Schott, even the slim ones for the Japanese market, and they always fit a bit funny on my slim upper body. Leather on this is a bit better than Schott, as well, though that depends on what you're after - mine is thinner and softer. I've never seen an Aero that looked real good, though I haven't looked around at them much.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Well, not even related to the amount of money spent, but the sheer fact that he has like 10 pairs of Aldens, 10 pairs of Crockett and Jones, 5 pairs of John Lobbs, 2 or 3 pairs of Gaziano and Girlings, and then a big assortment of other dress/traditional shoes, a bunch of conservative pants and shirts plus knits.... this Rick thing seems like an outlier and should be forgotten about as a style mistake.

One of these things is not like the other....

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I agree. As you know, when you work, go to school, and also happen to be a fatass like me, it's easy to gain weight. Need to drink less too

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Strangely, Uncontrol makes the correct point.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

If I had the funds, that would be how most of my clothes would be too. I just don't have the money to drop on a pair of Lobbs yet. :(

Your DRs are the most rebellious items in my closet, dude. Haha.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Well, nobody is on here to criticize each other for buying clothes, but I feel like it might cost him $30-40K more to get a good fit assembled... :fu:

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Just wear that Intarsia with chucks, uni-qlo black jeans, and a white tee and it'll look fine

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Dude, if you put your mind to it, you can do it. You're relatively still young and your metabolism is still good. Losing weight is ridiculously easy if you're disciplined and are somewhat educated. In about 1.5 years I went from ~210 lbs to a little over 140 lbs. If you want tips or anything, just give me a buzz.

I also work, and go to school at night, like you. I still manage to hit the gym at least 3 times a week. It's difficult, but doable. One of my biggest excuses: I've spent too much money on clothes to not enjoy them, haha.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

A wardrobe is fluid, constantly changing. You make it sound like its impossible to transition to something different. If that's not your point, then excuse me. But then what is your point? Last year, my priority was office clothing because 50-75% of my time outside of home in spent in professional environment. 2 years ago it was Nike hoodies and BR jeans. Last year i got rid of most of my college gear. I'm now dabbling in leather jackets, specifically RO.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Haaa. Youre just looking for something to pick at.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Better than either. They are loopback buttons that are attached using little leather straps that have double slips, making a demi-tassle (I think that's what they are called) in the back. Awesome, and has to be done by hand. A very nice little detail.