Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

oh no! people on a fashion forum are criticizing your shitty outfit!!

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Funny thing is, I used to dictate, along with Brian (you hear from him lately, Drew?) to a large part, what the prevailing style on the forum was - mostly midmarket domestic brands with a few of our favorites like Margiela and Dries van Noten, and at that time, Costume National, - thrown in - but in the past few years, it's totally not been the case. I don't own a single pair of Aldens, I have no chinos, I have Drkshdw fleeces, but a fleece is a fleece, and I don't own any Band of Outsiders stuff.

I see the divergence of the forum from my own personal tastes (well, the stuff I like is still represented - there is a big RRL thread, for example) as a good thing, a maturing of the forum. But I digress. The RRL Gambler from this season "Holiday Icon" - Drew, take a look at it, and make a better version. I'll buy it in heavy navy calf. Promise.

3. tangential

tangential Senior member

Are those snap-buttons or button-hole-buttons? I'd buy a toj rendition of that in black lamb. I had a Neil Barrett version from SS07 -- can't remember what I did with it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I've been on this site for 16 months. Hell yes I'm dressed by styleforum and throughout those 16 months I have been receptive to different brands, fits, etc. Hell I even plan to by a TOJ this year because it looks good and is also affordable. At the end of the day, they're just clothes and just as we change our preferences in clothes change as well. I'm not looking to be fashionable, or headstrong on buying all the popular names. If it appeals to me, and it's within my budget, I'm going to buy it. Thanks to SF, I've learned a thing or two about style and have begun developing a bit of my own.

Fortunately there is such a resource as SF. Impolyte, youve been on here for 5+ years so I expect you to know something about clothes and you obviously possess a great deal of knowledge. But at the end of the day their just clothes and I'm just going to wear what looks and feels good. You have a depth of knowledge but most of its over my head because i dont care too know that much about clothing.You guys took a casual fit pic and made it a bigger deal than it really was. Shit, I'm wearing BR socks in the second pic!!

5. stick

stick Senior member

Cue post about how it's just a modern twist on a classic leather jacket, shirt, pants, boots outfit.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Haaa. It was indeed.

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Seriously there are like 20 other leather jacket makers who make a design like this one. :fu: :brick:

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I dunno, I was kinda surprised how hard it was to find a slim-fitting perfecto with decent hardware and leather, other than ToJ

9. Mr. Moo

What does "decent" hardware mean? Riri? Silver plated? .925? I'm 99% sure that Aero can you make you what you want. Schott, too. Lost Worlds as well. They're just not cool Japanese or SF approved brands.

10. Mr. Moo

NAMOR, I think your look - RRL chinos, Aldens, etc. etc. would better be served by this type/style of leather jacket:

[​IMG]

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Dude.....

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

but NAMOR, in all seriousness, Mr. Moo is right - you seem to have more shoes, pants, and shirts that need outerwear like he was suggesting. I think in the end that would both look better on you and be less of a wardrobe change than trying to make gothninja work for you.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Fuck this. I'm gonna lose 15lb of flab and make this RO shit work. I'll check back in within 2 months.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I can somewhat relate to Namor. Ever since I joined this forum, I've pretty much completely reworked my wardrobe, albeit having a good paying job does help in the process. Prior to joining the forum, I've never heard of any of these obscure brands (sans the ones that are sold at Barney's). I pretty much follow the same philosophy...if I like it and I have the means to buy it, I will do it.

I bet Namor gets compliments in real life if he were to wear RO leathers with Aldens and such though. It seems like he just buys stuff because he likes the look and the it's affordable to him. He's not some broke college kid who's saving up pennies to make a big purchase and feels that one needs to know the complete background of the brand and all yada yada before buying.

15. Mr. Moo

I don't think flab is the issue. :eek: