1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. chomeo

chomeo Senior Member

NAMOR - the color from your pic wasn't too appealing. but when i saw it on yoox, it's not bad. you just gotta find slimmer jeans if you're into that sorta look. Dude - it's a steal for 9 bills if both the color and leather are what you're after. RO sometimes don't get a lot love for what they are. but for the two leathers i've handled, oiled calf and lamb, they're great all seasons pieces.

2. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Actually, this particular jacket looks relatively normal compared to other RO i've seen and I'd consider it to be relatively safe. Normal body/sleeve length, only a mildly aggressive collar, plain color that's not black, plain zip, etc. I think he can style this how he wants (but obviously not like he styled it in the penguin pic)

3. chim

chim Well-Known Member

I mean, he's a normal guy wearing a leather jacket. There's nothing wrong with this concept. There's not some hard and fast rule saying that to wear RO you must go full gothninja.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

4. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Ricks on Ricks on Ricks!

RO is cut differently though and the collar itself differentiates it from the usual leather jackets you find at Wilsons (does this stores still exist?).

You don't have to go full goth, DLester pulls off his RO leathers with Diors (iirc) but it require some thinking. It isn't a leather jacket you can just throw on for any occasion.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

Why not? Unless you post a fit pic on SF, who is going to make the distinction? Like any fit, if you put some level of care and effort, it's going to look decent, and always 99% better than most of the people you come across in your day to day interactions.

Today, I wore the RO jacket with a casual RRL button up and the selvedge chinos from yesterday but still received several compliments. Everyone I went to lunch with was wearing either a hoodie or a track jacket so I stood out without much effort. The RO jacket is already aggressive without being dressed up which is exactly why I like it - it's unique and stylish, yet not over the top. If anything the jacket needs to be dressed down, at least in my environment.

With regards to fit, I agree that I don't have the typical RO body but still think it fits relatively well. The body is trim, the arms long, and because I like dislike scarves, I appreciate the high collar. It's everything I want in a $900 RO leather jacket.

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

wtf is this playing not to lose shit? Play for fucking keeps.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

What are you doing posting on SF? It's Friday, you should be outside driving the 996. :nodding:

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Reach for the stars of mediocrity!

9. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior Member

10. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I thrifted this Bally made in Italy reversible A-1 blouson some months back. The knits were riddled with holes, and had to be replaced. I finally took it in to get it repaired and cleaned. I picked it up today, and am quite happy with it.

Pictured is the suede side, which is how I'll wear it. The A-1 happens to be my favorite leather jacket style, and I have one in horsehide from Goodwear.

Sorry, no Goth, no stocking feet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Grayland

Grayland Distinguished Member

Fits you great, Alan. I love the A-1's as well. TOJ makes a great looking A-1.

12. iroh

iroh Distinguished Member

doesnt kunk wear this goth stuff? and he is pretty built, he doesn't have an RO type body. but doesn't he still look good in it?

13. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

because...

14. james_timothy

james_timothy Distinguished Member

I know this goes without saying, but RO really doesn't go with RRL.