• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Morgan

Reaction score
Unknown maker (liner ripped out, so no label) vintage horsehide cafe racer. Picked this up in one of those musty used clothing stores in downtown NYC that stocks mostly 1970s polyester shirts with giant collars and rubbery suede blazers with huge lapels. Definite score. Used to fit skin tight, but I had a custom liner made with pockets for crash armor in the back, shoulders and elbows so it's stretched out a wee bit. This is what it looks like without the armor. I also had the sleeves let down about an inch and the leather reconditioned.

leather1.jpg

leather2.jpg

MKB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
Unknown maker (liner ripped out, so no label) vintage horsehide cafe racer. Picked this up in one of those musty used clothing stores in downtown NYC that stocks mostly 1970s polyester shirts with giant collars and rubbery suede blazers with huge lapels. Definite score. Used to fit skin tight, but I had a custom liner made with pockets for crash armor in the back, shoulders and elbows so it's stretched out a wee bit. This is what it looks like without the armor. I also had the sleeves let down about an inch and the leather reconditioned.

Morgan, the fit in the picture on you looks perfect. That extra inch in the sleeves was just what was needed. If you don't mind...how much did you pay?

Morgan

Reaction score
MKB, I paid a couple hundred for the jacket itself. I tried to bargain them down but they see a lot of leather jackets and they knew what they had on their hands, even if the leather looked pretty ashy and dried out at the time. It wasn't done all at once, but the various adjustments (let out sleeves, recondition leather, and - I almost forgot - a new brass zipper) cost me another $150 total, at least. Leather tailoring is expensive. All told I'm probably down close to $400 but it's a one-of-a-kind piece that I think fits me really well, and I consider it money well spent.

Here are some poorly edited shots with the armor in:

jacket6.jpg

jacket5.jpg

MKB

Reaction score
At $400 for vintage armored horsehide, in that condition, that fits that well, I'd say that you are considerably ahead of the game. My guess is that, when you have it on, you feel approximately ten feet tall and bulletproof. Good deal, great jacket, lucky devil.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
that jacket reminds me of this cuz of the patch pockets, yet one is overdesigned and the other is a grail (HEDI DIOR OMG!!!@1!)

4pocketrunway.jpg

before someone mentions "fit" realize that the jacket alwaysdressed is wearing would fit him far better than any of slimanes offerings

I have owned this jacket. One of the coolest... ever.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikey34
I like it whiskey but not a fan of the epaulets.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I am not sure I am a big fan either. I would probably never spend that much money on something that is Diesel but then again the the black/gold line is pretty new.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a terrible jacket. Don't buy it.

There, I solved your problem for you.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a very nice brown leather kind of moto type jacket at the GAP recently for around 300$ if my memory serves me correctly. I really liked it and considered buying it, but it's the GAP. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? It's not on their website and I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
I saw a very nice brown leather kind of moto type jacket at the GAP recently for around 300$ if my memory serves me correctly. I really liked it and considered buying it, but it's the GAP. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? It's not on their website and I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag.

Good God, don't ever spend $300 on a single item from the Gap.

JTA

Reaction score
If you like moto jacket and don't mind to shop online, why don't you add $150 more and go with ToJ here? Your specifications, and though I've never had a first hand experience on their jackets however most members here are happy with their purchase.

Otherwise try Soul Revolver or Magnoli Clothiers.

mmm

Reaction score
I have a toj and a diesel leather and you cant even compare the two. Its definitely worth getting the toj.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads