Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

get a mmm 5zip

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

I think it really depends on a each specific jacket in the end. Theres a julius leather that comes with a gun holster.

Some of the more loud julius leathers are just ridiculously awesome and loud, like the fw09 rider.

dont see how you can go wrong with a rick intarsia or moto collar...shit even a stooges. On this site plenty of people incorporate it all the time. Julius demands a little bit more I feel.

Jacket you linked is quite aggressive, treatment, zippers, sleeves... lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Agree with this assessment

4. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

That was a fun piece, true. I don't even remember anyone on SZ wearing it with the holster.

It's aggressive, if you know what you're looking for, but it's not loud. "Alternative" (or whatever) labels aren't really defined by being against the common grain. They're defined by the ability of the masses to identify them as against the common grain. It's not merely a semantic difference, because the average person doesn't know shit about clothes and usually latches onto the most arresting outline of a jacket at the expense of the totality. Usually this is something like Silhouette->hardware->colour->material->cut->lining, in that order.

An RO stooges or scuba is far more grating to their eyes than something like what I linked, even if their actual aesthetic when viewed impartially is closer to the RO. I've worn the Julius to after-hours dinners with legal and administrative professionals stateside and nobody batted an eye, while if I'd worn a stooges I'd have stood out like a leper.

Anyone can be offended by DR lapels, but 95% of people outside of the internet don't know even know what, say, raglan sleeves are, and thus can't bring themselves to care. That's what I mean about the difference between loud and aggressive. You have to train yourself to see aggression, and the vast majority of people you're afraid of offending by wearing Julius simply don't.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

A friend works at an investment bank and wears a blistered lamb Julius moto to work over his shirt and trousers, lol. It's one of the most low-key Julius pieces made actually, it has no zippered pockets, a very normal looking collar, no extraneous seaming besides the vertical darting - when he wears it like that, I didn't even notice at first, I honestly thought it was like, a fleece jacket or something.

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

I kinda want to get on board with you, but I still think it depends on each jacket on an individual basis. Also, how is a scuba eye grating?

7. reedobandito

I actually really like the scuba. I tried it on, and it was really very normal looking. Nice fit too

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just don't put the hood up.
    I love mine too, granted it isn't the leather version though.

9. reedobandito

Didn't even see the hood...

10. stick

stick Senior member

Then you weren't wearing a scuba...

[​IMG]

11. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

any pics of promising leather jackets coming this spring? like 1k-2k range and black? i looked at the RO pics from paris and i didn't see any, just man dresses.

12. Spyre

Spyre Active Member

Hey guys, got a leather question here that I thought would be best answered in this thread....

I've attached a picture of the Schott x Restoration hardware jacket. I love the simplicity in the style and detailing and the colour is perfect....but unfortunately I don't like that it doesn't have hand-pockets, and is unlined.

Does anyone know of any other brands that make a similar brown leather jacket? Just thought that I'd like to explore the other choices before I break down and order the Schott.

http://www.restorationhardware.com/...p?productId=prod1730049&categoryId=cat1640058

[ATTACHMENT=1391]prod1730049.jpg (50k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

That's fuckin sweet. I might actually order that just to be able to try it on.

Edit - fuck that. Their shipping goes by price and its $50 for the jacket. They're out of their minds.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  15. Lane

Lane Senior member

hi, im a leather addict