• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: wrong thread

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
leather sleeves are not a benefit in that jacket in my opinion. Blistered lamb is gonna stretch and then look like you have balloon arms, which dont look good in contrast to the denim, least to me. Rather just buy a whole blistered leather so the drape matches throughout the jacket.

I think the heavier oiled calf leather is better with denim jackets.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it'll stretch so much that it alters how it looks. I've been wearing my full blistered lamb moto, which buttery btw, and mine still looks the same as the day I bought it. Sleeves aren't exactly like jeans where it is under pressure when you sit down, you'd have to be flexing and holding it in that position for hours for that to happen. I don't know though, it might happen to Kunk but that is because of his build, not many are built like Kunk though. Well at least not many that wears RO.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm, you're probably right..I was just worried that would be the case, since stretching beyond belief happens to all my rick ****, lol. yah, I might be thinking this cuz someone with the blistered leather pants had it stretch a ton, but maybe thats more the case with bottoms. I also don't like ribbed cuffs...

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah your Rick jackets really stretched that much? I'm still waiting for my xs lamb stooges to stretch and it still as small as it was when I bought it.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have only oiled calf ones, so no stretchin..

kvnknrd

Reaction score
Speaking of calf
Selling this
f998ee83_jpeg.jpeg

in B&S

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

also, rick said that about the pockets, but the dude is making ******* bracelets and perfume now....:fu:

and bags...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which RO is this? Doesn't look very RO to me, more Margiela-ish.
9xaQS.jpg

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also, rick said that about the pockets, but the dude is making ******* bracelets and perfume now....:fu:

Probably because he's responsible for the success of a business? Super hard to maintain your lofty ideals in a situation like that. Or maybe he was getting bored with his look and he wanted to change **** up? For what it's worth, I saw an accessory piece of his that was absolutely gorgeous and in the RO spirit, a comb with a tilted crescent handle.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Desperately looking for a DR leather in small or an equivalent, 19-20" p2p with a taper at the waist. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads