Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. malakas

malakas Senior member

not if you know a guy in pakistan
    *giggling*

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

Yeah. I've been hearing an increasing number of complaints about the quality control of the more recent versions lately.

I think the 5-zip is a jacket more about fit than style, really. It's cut like a box and would look like shit on someone like me.

The Julius adaptation suffered from the incredibly short asian sleeves the brand used before F/W 10 or so and also had inferior leather compared to their usual calf or lamb, in my opinion.

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Are you talking about the Julius 5-zip? Because it had super long sleeves and pretty nice lamb

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. modalsaliency

I suppose it depends on body type. I tried it on in size 1 and the sleeves fell to where you'd expect a blazer to, whereas most Julius from the last few years fits fine.

I definitely thought the sheepskin was flimsy though. IIRC they used two different suppliers for lamb before settling on the current one they use in I think FW 09, and I remember disliking that one.

Edit: It was washed by a previous owner though, so maybe that fucked with the sleeves more than the hem.

5. mattt

mattt Senior member

Aren't you like over 6'4 and like your sleeves insanely long (judging by the toj you ordered)? Seems pretty obvious a Julius size 1 probably wouldn't suit your requirements...

6. modalsaliency

I'm 6'1, and just because I like long sleeves doesn't mean I'm mentally retarded and am unable to know where they should fall on normal jackets.

NN's fits fine, obviously, though I don't know his height. Shrug.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  7. malakas

malakas Senior member

besides the slighly long sleeves which i personally dont mind, i have to say that its near a perfect fit imno

8. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

They have a really nice 5-zip in their NYC store for $2,000 that I've been thinking about buying. They only have one in my size, definitely won't be able to make it this weekend with the storm; hopefully it isn't sold by next weekend. The one in-store is more like this, but a little different from what I remember:

[​IMG]

The sales rep told me they were getting all sorts of complaints and whatnot about the fit of the 5-zip and the sizing of the sleeves so they tried to slim it down a bit more this season; I wish I would have taken pics, but it didn't make me feel like it was a boxy jacket.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen that "limited edition" denim 5-zip? Has anyone bought it from this forum? Every site I check out has the same text from the E-boutique written and that's it.

Also, in the event that Margiela sells out of that 5-zip, do you think I'd be able to find something in RO for around that same price range?

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

easily, RO goes on forums/ebay under 2k ALL the time.

10. Berzerk91

That's true. But just as a personal preference if I'm spending that much on a jacket I'd rather try it on in-store and have the option of returning it easily.

11. malakas

malakas Senior member

Berzerk91, still looks boxy to me, then again i like everything to look like its spray painted on

also the leather looks a little too lux for that kind of jacket, would have preferred some subtle treatment

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  12. Berzerk91

Oh yeah, that one is actually pretty old and I just googled it before posting. I just meant the color scheme with the silver zips and the smooth blackish/grey leather. I'll see if I can make it to the city next weekend and get some actual pics.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

via SZ

perfect styling on this rick jacket

[​IMG]

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Who do you think is paying Rick's bills? RO leathers are essentially Nordstrom fare at this point. They even got a full page NYT style section feature a while back. It's the leather jacket of choice for MILFy chicks all over the more expensive suburbs. Not a joke.

When it's on Mr. Porter/net-a-porter... nothing wrong with it, just the natural progression of a company.