Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

Out of curiosity Drew, by the comment about 'old Julius jackets' do you mean that there's been a step down in craftsmanship on the latest offerings? I've been kind of getting the same sense as well, though my knowledge of garment construction is laughable compared to yours. I feel like the leather hides themselves have been getting steadily better and more substantial (I love my reverse steer from FW10) but the stitching is getting a bit sloppier while still looking just as ornate. I own the fencing from the original Thieves collection in '04 and it's certainly aged better than any of my other Julius.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

what the hell you're only 165lbs..

3. malakas

malakas Senior member

to be axact

73 kg = 160.937 lb
    OR 160 lb and 14.99 oz

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  4. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

george st pierre is 169lbs.

5. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

but you have such huge hands...

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Yeah, from what I've seen and handled of the newer ones, they just don't seem as nice as the old ones. Those 2006 ones in my pics are made so well, it's insane. I should take some detail pics someday, whenever I get time. The little handwork on the hanging chain, the various layers they get stitched together somehow, the really tight beaded seams, the work is impeccable.

The only thing I don't really like about those jackets are the Riri zips, actually. They're pretty hard to do up, partly because the things are so washed and skewed, but also because they're two-way zips and some of them use plastic aglet things instead of metal ones, as Riri likes to do often, so in general it's the zippers really. People beast on Riri because the teeth are polished, but I don't really like them more than a YKK or anything else.

7. malakas

malakas Senior member

[​IMG]
    authentic or fake?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  8. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

that one is quite hard to tell from a photo but the stitching and seams seem to match mine.
    btw i don't want to seem like a julius guru or fakespotter, but i was just saying that your custom made one is really a dead giveaway. still think it looks good on you.

my jacket ('11) seems to be good quality wise, no issues so far. btw, the new ones are cut a little bigger, and mine still fits me a bit long. the 09 jut (or the riders) would prolly be a perfect fit on me in size 1 and i hope they will do something like it again.

just wanna say that you guys may think that julius has a ridiculous fit, but i'm an asian guy who weighs about 52 kg and i do try to keep in shape. right now buying RO or any other western brand is completely out of the question for me. average white guys and asian guys just have slightly different body shapes especially round the torso.

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Good to know you think of me wearing my DR. :inlove: I might try something like that out once I get my Daytons back. Might get another pair of boots, probably Butter-oh's, at some point, too. Kinda locked into the jeans until the SExDB contest is over in April, though.

Seriously, how tall are you? We weigh the same, and while I'm pretty sure I have a higher BF%, mine's still pretty low (one of those ragingly inaccurate bioelectrical impedance things put me around 5 a while back, but those things are ragingly inaccurate).

Also, is it bad that I'm considering getting either the mid-collar intarsia or the mid-collar jutneck authentic fake (minus a couple of zips in the case of the latter)?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  10. malakas

malakas Senior member

thats an original, but could easily pass off as a fake imo...this one is made of thin lamb thats just way too shiny

to put things in perspective, how many ppl irl are going to say,
    ''hey otter, nice fake julius'' *giggling*

i recently visited a store that sells RO jackets, and tbh, they looked cheap, admittingly i didnt see any oiled calf versions, but the cuts were boxy and the sleeves were too fuckin long

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

im no leather expert also and I checked out recent RO leathers and they seemed cheap as hell except for the new veal leather. Combo mollino was abysmal......

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

I generally hate boxy leathers

13. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Whoever that guy was that said MMM 5 zips can be had for anything reasonable can go fuck himself. I can't find anything used that isn't like 52 and red. Otherwise the used shit is only available on Yahoo Japan, 99% are red, white, or denim, and is more expensive than NEW ones (2k) thanks to the amazing exchange rate ($0.75 to 100 yen).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  14. malakas

malakas Senior member

black jutneck and brown intarsia are now dried after washing them

they look a lot better as they are now more matte looking than before and they both drape better

15. Binker

Binker Senior member

1. havent checked yjp in forever, but i watched vintage 5 zips in various shades of grey, black, and brown go from 600-900 USD for like a year. i paid about 700 for mine, after proxy fees. forget the buy it nows, you gotta wait for a good one to pop up in an auction listing, i guarantee you they arent climbing over 100,000 yen right now, and theyll only touch that if theyre size 44, black, soft lambskin, and in superb condition.

2 edit:. nvm, dont wanna advestise here and it wont fit you anyway

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011