Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Adamh4218

Adamh4218 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's a MMM leather I've been eyeballing for awhile, anyone know the name of it or what season etc? Any details appreciated

ADamh4218

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

^ I saw that a year or two ago in a medium brown. Very nice jacket. The fit is a bit fuller in the body than other MMM leathers, which may or may not work for you.

3. Goombi

Goombi Senior member

^^

Like it a lot. Varsity hybrid. :satisfied:

4. Adamh4218

Adamh4218 Well-Known Member

thanks for the quick replies. I've got one lined up for $700+shipping. Is that a good deal? I don't know the original retail... Also if I'm a 40-42 chest and it's a 54.. you think it'll be too big?

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think a 54 will be too big. Margiela jackets isn't really the slimmest and their bombers usually fit bigger overall. I'd try and get measurements before taking the plunge.

6. LiveStock

LiveStock Senior member

Retail was definitely a quite a bit more than $700. Juding from your chest measurements you sound like a 48-50 so 54 would most liekly be too big

7. malakas

malakas Senior member

[​IMG]

really like this fit

this is the way i picture notwithit wearing his leather, with looser cut jeans and his daytona boots

8. malakas

malakas Senior member

[​IMG] my version of the intarsia, its rustic brown btw, beautiful and versatile color imo [​IMG] this is the color

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

9. malakas

malakas Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

10. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

looks great but the overall aesthetic is not very julius + i can easily tell it's a fake but only because i have quite a few julius pieces
    but then again most julius fans are quite, uhm, dedicated...

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

looks fake cuz it doesnt have the same treatment, but as its own it looks fine. Julius Jut neck has a more aggressive look to it, and this looks rather plainish. Not bad, but the authentic faking is kinda boring cuz they are just jr versions of the real thing. Maybe if your dude was making you jackets you design yourself it would be interesting, but otherwise they always pale in comparison.

not that I really care, just throwing that out there..

light blue leather fitpic is dope

12. malakas

malakas Senior member

i think the typical ''julius aesthetic'' is too stylized, looks great in pics, but irl , looks too antisocial, for the lack of a better word haha

i like to adapt certain design cues to suit my aesthetic, lifestyle. I am very much a jeans, tee and boots type of guy. I dont think im overly fashionable like some members on here, but i know what clothes suit me, even though others might disagree

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

There's no way otter would be able to fit into Julius anything. I can barely zip up a Julius and I weigh 130 lbs.

The aesthetic is there, but the construction IMO is kinda average. It's not bad by leather jacket standards, but the real deal Julius jackets are really loud with both the patterning and the construction, it's a good two-part team they have going. The contours they get in the trunk are really defined, almost carved looking. You can wear Julius stuff unzipped and it'll still have a shape. It's to the point that it dates the look. As for something like the the seam detailing; all the doubled over seams (check the shoulder area of otter's raglan) on a Julius are folded over and then doubled with a very close stitch, like half as wide as the one on otter's - the end effect on a Julius is that all the seams are rounded and beaded, and then when they get washed they rope and get tight as well. Likewise, on the little zipper labia of a real Julius, there is one more stitch right on the edge that makes the edges round over and beaded looking.
    I don't think that's a particularly hard thing to do as a principle but overall the Julius jackets are good pieces of workmanship. Haven't really seen many leather jackets that have better quality than the old Julius jackets, for any price. Rick, etc, are laughable in terms of quality.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

recent julius ones seem terrible...I still want a fw09 rider though, now thats loud. One thing I love about rick is oiled calf, and julius doesnt offer that. I just got a berger in oiled calf from fw09 its amazing. Color is bitter, which is kinda like the julius black + brown undertones leathers I think.

15. malakas

malakas Senior member

fair enough, but its all relative

i am going to wash both jackets as i did with the others, just to giove it more of a matte finish and give it a little more drape

i specifally asked for the leather to not be overly distressed as imo itjust makes an already loud and aggressive jacket even louder
    my favorite jutnecks, were the ones that were overly distressed

i own quite a few leathers now, and irl, the jutneck looks and fits the best, imo,

but the jacket that imo is the most versatile is the mid collar intarsia

julius jackets are ridiculously cut, dont know how anyone who mildly works out can even fit in one, and im only 165lbs

i have spent $1400 on 5 jackets, ideally drew, i would have loved for you to make the jackets, as i know we could have come up with some great takes on julius, RO etc

i know you would have charged a lot more, but instead of 5, i probably would have got you to make 3, but i know authentic fakes is not your thing