• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emixam

Reaction score

So exactly what's the thing with those jackets looking like they've been in the sauna a few too many times and become all wavy?

I agree, they dont look really good opened

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that's a shame, because many of them with the skewed zippers are pretty difficult to zip shut :p

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check eBay this bad boy out.
DSquared - check!
$9000 - check!

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sick
when can I expect ToJ to make a jacket that is "CUT STYLE BETWEEN GLADIATOR MEET MATRIX/MOTORCYCLE GANG.. MODERN DAY"??

malakas

Reaction score
crosspost

IMG_0274a-1.jpg

IMG_0275a-1.jpg
IMG_0277a-1.jpg

Last edited:

cloonz

Reaction score

I feel like the mini-me version of Otter.

This guy is great if you don't like Rick sizing, going to do a mid-collar intarsia in dust next.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I feel like the mini-me version of Otter.

This guy is great if you don't like Rick sizing, going to do a mid-collar intarsia in dust next.

looks too skinny to me, sleeves are disproportionate to your neck and trunk. There's a point where some people should not do the shrink-wrapped fit and rather balance their natural figure inside the jacket.

malakas

Reaction score
cloonz, that looks great, dont think that looks too skinny at all

plus the cuffs are unzipped

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
is it made by the same guy as malakas uses? I think malakas' jackets turn out well because he has a decent idea of the size he needs, plus has a body to fill it out. I don't really like the detailing on his authentic fakes, but that is to be expected for the price he pays.
The one on cloonz is just comically stretched along the vertical plane though, I bet that thing is like 25-26" down the front of the zipper, maybe 27+ on the sleeve, but has the width of something like like an XS or maybe even smaller. To me, it represents a lot of what is bad about the idea of the 'styleforum fit' - ie the belief that **** has to be tight as **** and shrink wrapped for it to 'fit properly' - this jacket has no proportion and looks strange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads